Give Blood Black People

Captain Planet

Watched this and it touched me personally as a sufferer of HbSC (a milder variant) I've never had a blood transfusion in 21 years and alongside my brother are lucky to live nearly-perfectly normal lives, whether it is by God or the other determining factors who knows. However, if anything this video makes me feel more guilty that I can't donate myself, and if I was allowed to give blood I really would do so, that leaves my only option to implore others to do so instead.

As the video explains the body may reject non-black blood after a transfusion, that's why it is so important for black people in particular to give.

So whilst mandem are wasting sacks of juice after getting sprayed up on Stockwell estates, think of the people who actually can't help but need blood transfusions, give blood.

people casually saying no - im surprised

i did it once and i always mean to do it regurlarly but forget -

giving blood should be compulsory

when something happens to us - and we need blood where does it come from? someone took the time and effort to donate their blood

• Upvote 2

Guest petercrotch

Always said more black people should give blood atleast look into it . Amazes me how people are just saying point blank no without finding any info

One guy I know regularly gives blood, seems fairly straight forward and simple tbh.

However black people giving blood in this country is a strange one, cos I could say more money/incentive needs to be spent on raising awareness in the community, but then how do white folk know to do it and are better schooled in doing it...

money shouldn't be used as an incentive, awareness is all that's needed. its insulting to think that it takes money to make people consider giving blood that could save their friends or relatives lives.

The evils of society.

1m on a advertising campaign or give away 1m to those that come in for the first time and let them spread the word... What do you think is gonna really get more blood donated or create bigger awareness?

money shouldn't be used as an incentive, awareness is all that's needed. its insulting to think that it takes money to make people consider giving blood that could save their friends or relatives lives.

The evils of society.

1m on a advertising campaign or give away 1m to those that come in for the first time and let them spread the word... What do you think is gonna really get more blood donated or create bigger awareness?

then 1m for a campaign to get people off using harmful drugs

another 1m to pay people who turn to crime and violence

1m to get people to stop drinking alcohol excessively

1m to pay young girls to stop getting pregnant

the list is endless.

or a campaign at grass roots level by someone from the community concerned that could bring an awareness to them

while getting a name for himself/herself for such a good cause at the same time

rather than waiting for some celebrity initiate such a campaign and get all the credit.

bcos the minute that 1m payment ceases it will revert back to how it was within months

to be honest the ACLT group is doing a lot for getting black people with leukaemia matching donors and just generally getting black ppl to give blood.

black people make up suttin like 2+% of the uk population but just represent 0.4% of blood donors.

Like eddie kadi said you man are always saying ay blud in ur sentences so you might as well save life's and just donate.

My girl does alot of campaigning for this still.

It's a mixture of selfishness and inconvenience as to why most don't get involved.

If 1 of our family members needed blood we would be praying for a match but since it doesn't affect most of us we don't care.

Human nature.

• Upvote 1