This Pappis Cisse Fella

Mame Biram Diouf

408864-papiss-cisse-scores.jpg

Surely the best January signing of all time?

13 goals in 12 games. If you wanna call them goals, I'd prefer pieces of magic

Guy has the premier league trophy in his hands too. Shows up on Sunday we should be champions.

Will he suffer from second season syndrome once the hype dies down or will he remain to be that guy?

For 10 million pound it was taking the absolute piss. Once again just makes you wonder so many EPL managers seem to neglect the PL.

I can't see him being at Newcastle in 18 months time if he keeps this.

Guy has tripled his own value in 12 games ffs.

Whoever said he is taking the league for kick about in the park its so true.

We hear all this talk about it taking players a long time to settle in, maybe its cuz the Bunds is so similar to the prem, Podoloski would help this theory if he comes in and cleans up shop.

Needs to be playing in the CL asap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ZvmSLwGBA&feature=related

Be careful with January signings.

Lots start shit hot, the ones that come from foreign countries, which I think highlights the strain of the Premier League compared to others or its the "first season is the easiest".

Lets see what happens next year, rate him tho.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Papiss Cisse has pulled out of Newcastle's pre-season tour to Portugal after refusing to wear club sponsor Wonga's logo on religious grounds.

The Senegal striker, a Muslim, told club officials he was not prepared to promote the money-lending company.

But the 28-year-old did offer to wear an unbranded shirt or one bearing a charity logo instead.

It leaves Cisse's future in doubt, with sources describing the relationship between the parties as "strained".

The Newcastle forward and his representatives have been in talks with club officials and the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) in recent days but neither the club nor their shirt sponsor have been able to find a solution.

Cisse's Newcastle team-mates Cheick Tiote and Moussa Sissoko are also Muslim, but have told the club they have no issue with wearing the sponsor's logo.

Cisse will continue to train on his own as he attempts to catch up on his fitness after returning later than the majority of the squad following international duty with Senegal.

Both camps are hopeful that a solution can be found, but it seems Cisse is not prepared to move on his position.

In October, high-interest pay-day lender Wonga was announced as the company to take over from Virgin Money as Newcastle's shirt sponsor from the 2013-14 season. It is thought the contract is worth around £8m a year to the club.

Speaking in June, PFA deputy chief executive Bobby Barnes told BBC Sport: "We're all aware that clubs need to generate revenue and sometimes have to use a wide range of companies.

"However, if someone feels very, very strongly that it's not compatible with their beliefs, then some sort of solution should be found."

Cisse joined the Magpies in January 2012 and has scored 26 times in all competitions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23347131

Reminds me of a lighter framed Ibrahimovic with the dance of Robinho outside the box and a lethal instinct genetically modified from Romario's DNA with a highlight reel given from Tony Yeboah touched & glazed in African glory with a sprinkle of magic from the shores of Senegal.

:rofl:

• Upvote 3

Reminds me of a lighter framed Ibrahimovic with the dance of Robinho outside the box and a lethal instinct genetically modified from Romario's DNA with a highlight reel given from Tony Yeboah touched & glazed in African glory with a sprinkle of magic from the shores of Senegal.

:rofl:

:lol: fucking hell