How many films has Johnny Depp played Captain Jack Sparrow in?

Fighting Weight

So far I think it's been the Pirates of the Carribean 1,2,3 and 4, Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd, Dark Shadows, and possibly some inbetween that I haven't seen

I don't remember much about the plots of the above films, but I do remember that he certainly played the role of Cap'n Jack Sparrow in all of them.

• Upvote 5

Well HBC is Tim Burton's wife, so it's logical that he'd cast her as the lead in a lot of his wierd(er) roles, a lot of Jack Sparrows films are Burton also

I can only assume after 6 Pirates movies and 9 Harry potter ones, the characters wanted moves to new films, sort of like Scott Parker realised there was only so far he could go with West Ham

It's possible that Jack Sparrow is actually an alternate personality gone rogue, sort of like Rogers in family guy

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

She's Tim Burton's wife

Pretty sure him her and depp are on a life long threesome

Your right tho he is on one, swear he's in some new vampire comedy from the trailers the character does seems a bit sparrow-esq lol

lol i cosign the sentiment, although i think the last film i watched with johnny depp was pirates of the carribean 1

just feel like i see a trailer with him going ''allo lav, cor im bonkers!'' every couple of minutes

inspectore abelard was hard though as was ichibod crane, as was 9th gate as was edward scissorhands

Sleepy hollow.

What do u expect... he's got kids he's probably lost that buzz that ppl like hunter s thompson used to give him. He probably hasn't made an outstanding appearance since blow 10+ yrs ago there is more than enough in the catalogue to have that guyman status c/s ninth gate

Havent seen rum diary but I bet it's not as raw as fear & loathing

Once he created that Jack Sparrow character and ran with it for couple years...there was no turning back lol

our Donnie Brasco/Ed Wood/Gilbert Grape etc that we knew was GARN.

Note after the first POC came out in 2002/3? he hasn't really been in a serious memorable role apart from the Willy Wonka type films

(Though I did like his role as John Dillinger in Public Enemies 2009, and even that film is not considered memorable or made money or w.e)

No more serious Depp it seems, tbf who wants to watch him in The Tourist,Rum Dairies and all these other recent crappy films hes made in recent years..people want to see him as Jack Sparrow,Rango,Emo Singing Serial Killer Barber,Willy Wonka, etc

thats hollywood for ya,

Still think he is a great actor.

he proved himself even before POC tbh..

i dont think its overplayed.

him over idiots like tom cruise, john travolta, nic cage and that new c*nt zac efron any day

Why Nic Cage is allowed to make movies is beyond me...

If he wasn't Francis Ford Copolla's(Godfather creator) Nephew I doubt he would have had a career..

Again, that's Hollywood for ya lol