Yaya Toure Looking For A New Challenge?

Mame Biram Diouf

But you wouldn't be complaining and of been against it if they came in to your club,

What Yaya Toure is worth is irrelevant, what is relevant is what they're willing to pay the man, certain people to this day will say that no player can surely be worth 100k a week, before then there were arguments about session ticket prices going up at OT to accomodate Roy Keane's massive pay rise to 50k a week, this was in 2001.

Value isn't dictated by common sense or anything sensible, it's dictated by what the player is willing to do in the boardroom to get it and what the paying club are willing to pay.

Why is it a immoral?

The suits of these clubs get so much more, shelf-life as a player is short, why not if it's there?

Immoral because it ruins football and wages for everyone else

Not that is an issue for Yaya as a player, but as a fan he should recognize that

How is 12mill a year not enough?

The ships sailed mate,

No club represented on this forum even recognises the relevance of their fans. They don't even see us as fans or supporters, we are referred to as Customers.

We are treated with distain in the board room and probably worse in the dressing room.

It's only stupidity, love and blind loyalty that keeps us all interested.

Tevez is a GEE if thats true. Go for 6months. Come back, play couple games and double your wages.

f*ck.

Not to forget that after he returned, scored against Norwich and took the piss out of his absence with that golf swing celebration, Smart city fans would've shunned him as soon as he returned and especially after that, but guess what fans are fickle and as long as he's useful we want and love him, and pay him what he wants, when he's not they utilise their brains.

• Upvote 1

@kompressor

I wouldn't accept anyone that plays for my team that is on wages like tevez or yaya. They better be getting us medals and scoring baaaare goals and we need to have a fully perfect squad for that to even be justifyable

for example if suarez was on 400k and he had that goal drought he had a few months ago I would advocate his sale. You better be go getting it all the time mate otherwise someone else can do that for half the wage etc

Just googled it...

Carlos Tevez makes £240k a week, that is £12.5 million a year. Now if Manchester City win the EPL title this year, Tevez will be earning double that figure. I heard last night that he had a clause in his contract where his current employers (Man City) will have to double his salary to £480k a week if they win the title!

In simple English, Tevez will be making KD250,000 a week; something most CEO’s in this country don’t make in one financial year (on a KD 20,000 monthly salary). Annual income of the Argentine? KD 13,000,000/- Jackpot?

Keep working.

Alvaro

http://www.buzberry.com/?cat=31

Dunno how credible it is tho.

read somewhere that Yaya said on Spanish radio that he's still in love with Barca and it's the only club close to his heart

so i guess that door always remains open, but for someone in his position i doubt it'd be for the money, don't think he'd get City wages anywhere else tbh

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Yaya Touré’s Manchester City future is in the balance after he stated he is open to “new challenges”, although there is no certainty the midfielder will leave the champions in the close season. He also described Paris Saint-Germain as “a great club”.

Touré has had an uneven campaign for City but he was among the best performers in Sunday’s 2-0 win over West Ham United at the Etihad Stadium. The 31-year-old, who has two years left on his contract, insists money does not concern him but being challenged does.

“Since I started playing football, I had a dream as a little boy. Today, I am living the dream of thousands of little boys. I represent my continent, Africa, and that has no price. No amount of wages will make me stay at a club if I feel that I no longer belong there or if no challenge exists for me,” he told Foot Mercato.

“It would be unjust on my part. There comes a moment where numbers don’t stop us, it goes beyond that, even if the English press seem more interested in the numbers than the sport itself. For the future, I don’t know more than you do because I will always go where I am offered new challenges. That is in my nature.”

PSG are potential suitors, with Touré stating in an interview with a French radio station last year that “you never close the door to a big club.”

He said: “In the past I have given my opinion on PSG, which went on to inspire a lot of your journalist colleagues. PSG is a great club that has not finished growing and also a big club where any great player can find a place for themselves and make a contribution.”

• 1 year later...

Gonna get any game time under pep?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So Yaha has put out a public apology to pep...

Now his agent is on talksport saying he isnt apologising, what is he apologising for :rofl:  

Yayas statement

Please see my statement on the situation at Manchester City:

"I wish to apologise - on behalf of myself and those who represent me - to the management team and all those working at the club for the misunderstandings from the past.

"Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there.

"I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish the best for the football club.

"I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club's history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play football and entertain the fans.

"On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their messages through this difficult period. This means a great deal to me and my family."