IS RACE & GAY DISCRIMINATION THE SAME?

Goddaz

His last bar has impact but far from strongest post.

What people are not taking into account is how hard it must be to actually be gay, it must be a tortuous existence knowing you have feelings which are not generally accepted in society.

To go through feeling like this as a child at home, through school with peer pressure etc...

If you black you already out, for the most part if you come from a functional home you know your parents love you end of.

If you are gay you fear being yourself to your OWN parents, through fear THEY will abandon you, tell me that ain't hard.

The part you are glossing over is that from a discrimination point of view, there are ways to hide being gay. You can't hide being black.

All this talk of your emotional torment, fear of being bullied/disowned etc are a separate issue.

We are talking about discrimination only here.

• Upvote 1

Nobody is trying to compare the black mans experience to the gay persons, the point is discrimination and prejudice comes from an unreasonable place.

and then you say this

If you black you already out, for the most part if you come from a functional home you know your parents love you end of.

If you are gay you fear being yourself to your OWN parents, through fear THEY will abandon you, tell me that ain't hard.

His last bar has impact but far from strongest post.

What people are not taking into account is how hard it must be to actually be gay, it must be a tortuous existence knowing you have feelings which are not generally accepted in society.

To go through feeling like this as a child at home, through school with peer pressure etc...

The part you are glossing over is that from a discrimination point of view, there are ways to hide being gay. You can't hide being black.

All this talk of your emotional torment, fear of being bullied/disowned etc are a separate issue.

We are talking about discrimination only here.

My response is to those who seem to suggest that gays don't have it as hard as black people, they may face different issues but their plight shouldn't be discounted which is what I am basically seeing.

The only reason a gay person would hide being gay is through fear of discrimination, so it's the same issue.

I saw an old film the other day, Imitation of life starring Lana Turner.

In summary the film is about a mixed raced girl who looks completely white and goes through life trying to deny her black side through fear of discrimination...

Growing up I knew African kids with Christian names who denied being from Africa...

What people are willing to do to avoid discrimination is a a direct result of the discrimination they see in the world, you can't separate the 2.

If you're talking about discrimination in terms of job prospects and sh*t then yeah gays have it much easier, especially in the big cities

In terms of being unreasonably vilified and in some cases butchered because of a mental preset that is unavoidable then I find the distinct lack of sympathy confusing, pretty heartless actually

• Upvote 1

people that compare homophobia and racism are retarded.

Don't care what anyone says but if ur a guy and ur attracted to d*cks that sh*t is not natural or normal.

For example Pedophiles, Sociopaths, Necrophiles are born with tendencies or improper dispositions but that don't make it right or natural. Homosexuality fits in the same bracket.

Don't care what anyone says but if ur a guy and ur attracted to d*cks that sh*t is not natural or normal.

For example Pedophiles, Sociopaths, Necrophiles are born with tendencies or improper dispositions but that don't make it right or natural. Homosexuality fits in the same bracket.

back this up, no anecdotes

back this up, no anecdotes

common sense, what makes being attracted to the same sex any more natural then being attracted to dead bodies. Both are stumbling blocks and not wavey at all.

lol

/

Dont care you just killed yourself.

Most studies relating to Paedophiles, Sociopaths and Necrophiles suggest they become that way through harrowing experiences/relationships, ie: they are not born.

Your whole argument just disintegrated.

Calm down it wasn't to long ago when people said homosexuality was a mental illness.

The only difference between homosexuality and those other things are that it's between two consenting adults (majority).

What makes you think it's so wrong though? Why are you so offended by it?

I just explained why it's wrong and unnatural. Add to that my religious believes and you can see why i'm offended by it.

Saying that though i respect the law of this country and don't really care what they do as long as they don't bring that sh*t to me.

Don't really care about gay marriage but the most offensive thing is that these gay couples can adopt kids, now that sh*t aint wavey at all.

still waiting for someone to explain this

Society has influenced to many people into accepting that homosexuality is normal and ok when it clearly isn't.

Homosexuals want the same things normal ppl want from a relationship, pedos don't, they don't wanna take a child out to dinner, hold their hand, have a partner for life etc.... they want to ABUSE them, homos, for whatever reason, fancy other men but still want the same things that normal ppl do. That's the difference. Having said that i'm not entirely comfortable with gays, it's slightly disturbing, but if both parties involved consent then it's up to them what they get up to.

Lol humans are not 'designed' to have sex with dead people

Humans aren't designed to fall out of aeroplanes with bedsheets on their backs but people still do it

Is a man f*ck*ng a dead woman more acceptable to you than a man f*ck*ng another man? Surely it fits in with his 'design' more to want a vagina, even a rotting one?

We're specifically talking about sexual preferences and you jump to parachuting ffs.

Homosexuality fits more in the pedophilia, necrophilia bracket then it does with heterosexuality.

No one said necrophilia is more acceptable, we're just merely pointing out that they're all wrong.

If you wanne engage in homo activity that's up to you but don't try come with them talks that's ok or natural.

I don't see why you get to decide what's right/ wrong though, where do you get that kind of authority?

Is your hand only designed to pick up cans? Of course not, your hands do lots of sh*t

Your problem isn't with what gays do, if it was then you'd be staunchly against anal in any situation, seeing as it's the body 'being used for something it wasn't designed for' which is a f*ck*ng dumb as f*ck thing to say

'Not what it was designed for' I'm trying to comprehend how f*ck*ng stupid that statement is in my head and it is not working at all