Dalglish Gone

Rsonist

I'd like Rafa, if they go through the process of looking for a new manager and don't even sound him out it will be madness.

If not let's at least make an attempt for someone that is a bit far fetched ie Klopp (not likely, but there's no harm in trying). After that AVB would be my choice.

FSG have just got rid of a man that is royalty to Liverpool fans, replacing him with someone that has a proven track record was still going to put the new manager under enormous pressure but replacing him with a manager untested at the top level will increase than pressure tenfold.

Martinez and Rodgers are good prospects but the risk factor is massive, FSG's relationship with the fan base is on the line with this decision.

Surprised by the amount of fans who want him back. Didn't he squander a lot of money on average players?

Not to mention wanting Barry instead of Alonso loll

In short no. He made some amazing buys and he made some bad buys but show me a manager that hasn't.

Because of our budget he had to gradually transform the squad so there was always a risk of a few duds, he often had to settle for his 2nd or 3rd choice cos we didn't have the funds but we were massively over achieving in his time here. 2 CL finals in 6 years and the number one ranked team in Europe.

He wanted Barry as well as Alonso but he had to choose, Alonso had a poor season in 07/08 and Barry could cover multiple positions so he opted for Barry. Nobody seems to mention that Alonso was anybody's for £14 million in 2008 and nobody including Wenger was willing to pay it.

And it's down to decisons like that why we haven't won anything for so long.

i actually think fsg know what they are doing

all these ex lpool pundits dominate the TV so obviously they are screaming some any drivel at us the viewers...heard one guy crying on the radio there was only alan hansen at hospitality to greet him when he was there

these old guys got there heads stuck on tradition so much that they forget to make new ones which is just as important

c/s

especially the bold bit

(although I think Dalglish deserved another year).

Ajax boss Frank de Boer has ruled himself out of the running to take over as Liverpool manager, insisting he wants to stay in Amsterdam.

De Boer has been linked with the vacant Anfield job following Kenny Dalglish's sacking last week after a disappointing season culminated in the Reds' worst league finish for 18 years.

But the 42-year-old Dutchman, who has guided Ajax to back-to-back Eredivisie titles, says he still has unfinished business in Amsterdam after taking over as coach in 2010.

"I am honoured by the request, but I am only just getting started with Ajax," De Boer told De Telegraaf.

"In Amsterdam we are on a new path and, along with the club and Wim Jonk and Dennis Bergkamp, my colleagues in the technical heart, I want to bring good things.

"That's why I will stay loyal to Ajax in the coming years."

De Boer's snub comes after Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers also turned down an approach from Liverpool last week.

The Reds are thought to have several other candidates on their radar, including former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas and Wigan manager Roberto Martinez.

The thing with rafa is, as much as i want him to be back as manager i can't help but think with this new set-up they're trying to put in place, how long would it be before he got frustrated if things weren't working out in terms of agreeing on things with those hired to work alongside him ? Going by past experience Rafa likes to be able to have alot of input and actually stamp his mark on the club, the people responsible for the turnaround in the academy were brought in by him as were a number of our most promising youngsters. How much control he will actually have over various decisions at the club factors in a lot

They reportedly want the roles and responsibility shared out between as many as 4 people, its a drastic change from how rafa likes to work. I think their reasoning for not wanting to hire him is a combination of his age (they seem to want a young manager and looking at those shortlisted it adds up), the full control argument before and them wanting to bring in someone fully of their own choice.

Disagree with them and still want Rafa back in as manager but this is how i see their snub of him. I can kind of see the idea behind them wanting to have a set-up in place for the long term e.g. young manager bringing in young players who he gets the best out of and gets to realise their potential, but bringing Rafa back makes more sense than anything else right now

Thing is Benitez aint even old really, has at least 10-15 years to go. He would never be able to work under the structure they are trying to implement though, he likes to have overall control.

/

Don't want Martinez, its too soon for him. He needs to prove himself somewhere like Villa first.

Thing is Benitez aint even old really, has at least 10-15 years to go. He would never be able to work under the structure they are trying to implement though, he likes to have overall control.

Agree with the first part. Disagree with the second... I think he can work with others but he has to believe in what there selling, basing it on Hicks, Gillet and Parry is more than a bit unfair.

Fsg don't want another cult figure like keeny to manage the team again. No Benitez for u. Like someone said just get Alan Curbishley or similar and keep it moving. Junk team

This is true. I dont thin they want a man that has more Liverpool than them.

What do you lot base this on?

Rafa seems to me like a guy that likes to know everyone's job, ask a couple questions, hold them to their word, and keep them on their toes every now and then.

But if your a good employee, I dont see the problem. For me the problem is when people don't do their job or keep to their word.

Like I said for me Hicks, Gillett and the failings of Parry (which I guess is linked to Hicks & Gillett) sent Rafa INSANE.