So long, Rap City (the Youtube channel)

Elementalism

Youtube killed off the ting, all of the content has officially become 'classic'. f*ck a Google.

Blatantly a copyright issue. All these rappers want to juxtapose their British style on these American beats without fully understanding the runnings of the music game; intellectual property, royalty payments etc. The crazy thing is, there is a reciprocal relationship between the music industry and the mixtape circuit/internet that benefits all parties in the end. A producer really just wants to be heard by as many people as possibly, he doesn't give a f*ck who rides his beat, but the industry as a corporate machine does. The artist who was originally associated with the beat cuts the mainstream path, while independent artists subliminally beat a path through the underground, and build a new localized credibility for the track/artist/producer and a buzz for themselves.

Download any hot videos/freestyle/interviews that you like, don't just favourite/like. Back up the content before it all gets removed!

There was so many ill videos to watch on there! UKOverstood is next, I reckon.

Peak :(

Toney, google search something like ''buy youtube views''.

For years companies, labels, artists etc have been buying views, tweets, fb likes, youtube subscriptions/comments/likes etc.

Fair enough some just do it to kick start something so it gets out there but some ppl are taking it to a next level now.

I doubt is anything to do with buying numbers..

Majority of the labels are buying views for there artist. Its not even an exclusive thing any longer.

Rapcity: Its been coming to be honest. Its not even about rappers doing there numbers on there any longer. Its all about road man and gangs using it as a platform for bragging rights and what not.

There is hardly any aspiring artist on there thats really going for the big shot..

Them man were in decline with the rise of SBTV G-DAILY & CO.

They once were charging 150 -200 for freestyles. them dudes probably get pistol whipped and forced to point and shoot vids these days.

the whole uk rap scene is really weird

i think gang culture is incredibly dead way to live life

heard a well known label owner was a "road yute" then turnt fed and stopped being a officer and he now owns a label/recording establishment

like thats disgusting. its not my business though but I tell anyone I know to move correct especially if your tryna mc for the masses. theres bookie shit in the scene this aint america where you can pretty much rap about kilos and not get indicted. london met checks almost every video on sites like spifftv,rapcity etc

FAO TF or whoever can answer

it may be an obvious question but how do beats get out in the first place? lets say dj premier produces a beat for someones album how does it end up being rapped over on everyones mixtape, does premier leak it himself or do people just recreate it from the parts of the tune where no body is rapping

Like on youtube if you search you can find most instrumentals but how do the uploaders get them in the first place

it may be an obvious question but how do beats get out in the first place? lets say dj premier produces a beat for someones album how does it end up being rapped over on everyones mixtape, does premier leak it himself or do people just recreate it from the parts of the tune where no body is rapping

Like on youtube if you search you can find most instrumentals but how do the uploaders get them in the first place

Instrumentals come out as part of a single pack.

So if Premier produces the new Nas track, Nas will submit it to his label, his label will then submit it to mixshow radio DJs usually with a dirty, clean and instrumental mix(es). Dirty for club/mixtape DJs, clean for radio and the intstrumental is actually intended for radio DJs to use as a bed/mix with, however of course it turns into getting freestyled by other artists.

However if Nas only submits the track to a few select DJs himself, then you get people looping parts or re-constructing part of the beats.

Instrumentals come out as part of a single pack.

So if Premier produces the new Nas track, Nas will submit it to his label, his label will then submit it to mixshow radio DJs usually with a dirty, clean and instrumental mix(es). Dirty for club/mixtape DJs, clean for radio and the intstrumental is actually intended for radio DJs to use as a bed/mix with, however of course it turns into getting freestyled by other artists.

However if Nas only submits the track to a few select DJs himself, then you get people looping parts or re-constructing part of the beats.

Ahh I see, thanks for clearing that up. Is that why singles usually have all the different versions and instrumentals?

Also dont artists only submit the singles off their album to radio (and they get the other tracks straight off the album)? So if there is an instrumental of a lesser-known track off the album its safe to assume that its a loop or reconstructed, or have I got it wrong?