Heard through the 'great' vine that 'arry is out the door today

Fighting Weight

Redknapp to replace trap as ireland manager ?

Seems to be picking up pace

fucking hell :rofl:

from 'the secret footballer's' blog

That aside, I have been told by more than one player at the club that one decision in particular last season angered Daniel Levy, the club chairman, beyond redemption. After Norwich City had held Arsenal 3-3 at the Emirates Stadium, Tottenham needed to beat Aston Villa to all but secure third spot.

With the score at 1-1, Rednapp made a change. But instead of the extra striker that was needed to grab a vital winner, he threw on Scott Parker and played for the draw. A few people have told me that there were strong words in the Tottenham camp after that incident and that relations between manager and chairman were never quite the same again.

if this is how it actually happened :lol:

http://www.thesecret...yone/#pages-top

That is a bit harsh on Redknapp tbf. Danny Rose had been sent off and Bale was running the left wing on his own.

Spurs could and maybe should have still won, but Parker came on to allow a bit of security for Bale to go for it hard in injury time, otherwise we could have pricked them on the counter.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Watching Chelsea win the Champions League was the worst night of my football life as Gullit celebrated like a lunatic - then I lost my job at Spurs

I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life the night I went to watch Chelsea win the 2012 Champions League final.
You all know what happened. Chelsea were outplayed by  Bayern Munich — as they had been by Barcelona and by Napoli in previous rounds — but they won the trophy.
It meant Spurs hadn’t qualified for the following season’s Champions League, despite finishing fourth — two points above Chelsea in the Premier League. They took our place as holders. I was distraught. I felt like crying.
Jamie invited me over — he said Sky had a box at the game and I should go as his guest.
Ruud Gullit was there and was carrying on right in front of me like a lunatic. He had nothing riding on the game — Chelsea had sacked him, for heaven’s sake — but he didn’t care.

Ruud was jumping around, cheering, singing, banging on the windows to draw the attention of the Chelsea players — and, when they looked up, in the background was me, feeling probably at my lowest as a football manager.
In the end, I think Jamie got quite upset on my behalf.
‘Ruud, do us a favour, they sacked you, didn’t they?’ he said to him. ‘Ah, yes, but that was different people,’ said Ruud and then carried on oblivious.
I felt embarrassed, really, as if I was spoiling the party, but I still think his behaviour was over the top.

As I left, I thought: ‘Get a top-class front man in for next season and the sky’s the limit for us.’
Little did I know I had 25 days left as Tottenham manager.
We had been through a lot together that year. There were people from Tottenham in the Crown Court every day during my tax evasion trial and our season had gone so well until the injuries intervened.
Even taking away Chelsea’s Champions League win, we were close, just a point in it between us and Arsenal in third place.

My departure wasn’t straightforward by any means.
It certainly wasn’t a case of walking in and being sacked.
In fact, we had previously been talking about extending my contract.
Having had these discussions, I went to see chairman Daniel Levy again. ‘What’s happening, Daniel?’ I asked. He seemed very unsure. ‘Maybe, Harry, we’ve just come to the end.’

I wasn’t happy, but I had to accept it and I wasn’t going to let it cloud my memories of my time at Spurs. I loved every minute of it. And I am proud of my record there.
They had never seen Champions League football until I arrived — and haven’t since — and it’s not as if they were a top-four Premier League team in the recent past, either.
Spurs had finished behind West Ham three years on the spin when I was at Upton Park.
I got on fine with Daniel. I still do. He loaned me some of his players last season with QPR.
People think Daniel Levy and I were always clashing over players, but it wasn’t like that.
Yes, he has his own views, but he never signed a player who wasn’t run by me first.
He didn’t always fancy some of my choices, such as Scott Parker or Younes Kaboul, but I got most of them.
He was the first person to ring me up to wish me luck when I took over at QPR, and even on the night I left Tottenham, the car phone rang and it  was Daniel.
‘Harry, let’s keep in touch,’ he said. ‘I hope we can still be friends.’
I thought, ‘He’s got some front. He’s just sacked me and now he wants to be mates.’
But we have stayed in touch. I’m not one for grudges.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Harry on Ruud "Don't celebrate, they sacked you"

Harry on Levy "We've stayed in touch. I'm not one for grudges"

While Bale enjoyed the finest season of his career last term under Andre Villas-Boas after being given more freedom in a central role, Redknapp remembers when he first gave the player the opportunity to play in such a position.

He said: "I had talked with our coaches for a number of months about using Gareth this way because teams were crowding him out on the left flank, putting so much traffic in his way that it was just getting harder and harder.

"I remember the new plan coming together against Norwich City on December 27, 2011. He was magnificent, scoring twice as we won 2-0.

"Unfortunately, Gareth's switch then coincided with a few d*cky results for us and a few people, looking for easy answers, put two and two together and ran out of fingers.

"Of course, a year later when he was scoring for fun in that position in Andre Villas-Boas' team, it was hailed as a genius move."

so fucking salty :lol:

bale NEVER played in the hole when harry was managing, he scored 2 goals in that game on the counter down the middle of the pitch and harry saying he played him in the 10 role :rofl:

‘Ruud, do us a favour, they sacked you, didn’t they?’ he said to him. ‘Ah, yes, but that was different people,’ said Ruud and then carried on oblivious.

lol typical jamie redknapp, butting in with something foolish

can imagine him saying that aswell

lol can also imagine ruud as he went "ah, yes..."  :rofl:

Can full picture that scenario

Too much lols

Defo downloading that book and reading it in arrys voice

Watching Chelsea win the Champions League was the worst night of my football life as Gullit celebrated like a lunatic - then I lost my job at Spurs

I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life the night I went to watch Chelsea win the 2012 Champions League final.

You all know what happened. Chelsea were outplayed by  Bayern Munich — as they had been by Barcelona and by Napoli in previous rounds — but they won the trophy.

It meant Spurs hadn’t qualified for the following season’s Champions League, despite finishing fourth — two points above Chelsea in the Premier League. They took our place as holders. I was distraught. I felt like crying.

Jamie invited me over — he said Sky had a box at the game and I should go as his guest.

Ruud Gullit was there and was carrying on right in front of me like a lunatic. He had nothing riding on the game — Chelsea had sacked him, for heaven’s sake — but he didn’t care.

Ruud was jumping around, cheering, singing, banging on the windows to draw the attention of the Chelsea players — and, when they looked up, in the background was me, feeling probably at my lowest as a football manager.

I felt embarrassed, really, as if I was spoiling the party, but I still think his behaviour was over the top.

As I left, I thought: ‘Get a top-class front man in for next season and the sky’s the limit for us.’

Little did I know I had 25 days left as Tottenham manager.

We had been through a lot together that year. There were people from Tottenham in the Crown Court every day during my tax evasion trial and our season had gone so well until the injuries intervened.

Even taking away Chelsea’s Champions League win, we were close, just a point in it between us and Arsenal in third place.

My departure wasn’t straightforward by any means.

It certainly wasn’t a case of walking in and being sacked.

In fact, we had previously been talking about extending my contract.

Having had these discussions, I went to see chairman Daniel Levy again. ‘What’s happening, Daniel?’ I asked. He seemed very unsure. ‘Maybe, Harry, we’ve just come to the end.’

I wasn’t happy, but I had to accept it and I wasn’t going to let it cloud my memories of my time at Spurs. I loved every minute of it. And I am proud of my record there.

They had never seen Champions League football until I arrived — and haven’t since — and it’s not as if they were a top-four Premier League team in the recent past, either.

Spurs had finished behind West Ham three years on the spin when I was at Upton Park.

I got on fine with Daniel. I still do. He loaned me some of his players last season with QPR.

People think Daniel Levy and I were always clashing over players, but it wasn’t like that.

Yes, he has his own views, but he never signed a player who wasn’t run by me first.

He didn’t always fancy some of my choices, such as Scott Parker or Younes Kaboul, but I got most of them.

He was the first person to ring me up to wish me luck when I took over at QPR, and even on the night I left Tottenham, the car phone rang and it  was Daniel.

‘Harry, let’s keep in touch,’ he said. ‘I hope we can still be friends.’

I thought, ‘He’s got some front. He’s just sacked me and now he wants to be mates.’

But we have stayed in touch. I’m not one for grudges.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Harry on Ruud "Don't celebrate, they sacked you"

Harry on Levy "We've stayed in touch. I'm not one for grudges"

he needs he own youtube channel telling fabricated stories 

wud actually subscribe 

One day we went to the supermarket in Bournemouth together and Sandra left her purse at the check-out. I said I would pop back and collect it, but I didn’t know the lay-out very well. I saw this door marked ‘Exit’ and went through it  without realising it was only for use in emergencies.

The next thing I knew, these huge  security guards had my arms up my back, frog-marching me through the underground car park. I was in agony.

They were shouting at me, I was shouting back at them: ‘I’m not a thief, I’m the f*****g manager of Tottenham.’ In the end, we got it resolved, but it only added to my fear that I was a marked man

:rofl:  :rofl:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2447191/HARRY-REDKNAPP-BOOK-EXCLUSIVE-Going-jail-destroyed-wife.html

His agent is slacking, how is this not an audio book

• Upvote 2

will download the rip :lol:

One day we went to the supermarket in Bournemouth together and Sandra left her purse at the check-out. I said I would pop back and collect it, but I didn’t know the lay-out very well. I saw this door marked ‘Exit’ and went through it  without realising it was only for use in emergencies.

The next thing I knew, these huge  security guards had my arms up my back, frog-marching me through the underground car park. I was in agony.

They were shouting at me, I was shouting back at them: ‘I’m not a thief, I’m the f*****g manager of Tottenham.’ In the end, we got it resolved, but it only added to my fear that I was a marked man

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2447191/HARRY-REDKNAPP-BOOK-EXCLUSIVE-Going-jail-destroyed-wife.html

In tears.

PMSL

There was a chap wearing a bright white jacket in the middle of  January. Another had clothes that were covered in stains.

These were the people who would decide my fate as I sat in court fighting tax evasion charges.

They would never smile; they showed no friendliness at all. Just a blank. What were they thinking?

Some strange thoughts went through my head. What if they were all Arsenal fans? What if they all hated Tottenham Hotspur?

must read could be goat

lol I love how he always rewrites history to make out that it was caving into fan pressure that prevented him from being great. like faze said, he never played him in the hole, and that Norwich game was a bit of a fluke. also, those "d*cky results" didn't start coming till the end of February, so only God knows what he's remembering

'We had to tease that combative streak out of him because, at that time, he was regarded as a left-back and was up against Benoit Assou-Ekotto, one of the best in the Premier League,' Redknapp continues.

'Gareth seemed too soft to be a defender so we decided to try him further forward.'

Just who were these people regarding Bale as a left-back, Arry, when you knew to play him further forward?

"I see him as a great left-back eventually," said Redknapp in December 2008.

"I'm not looking for a left-back because you won't get a better one than Gareth Bale," he reiterated in December 2009.

And then, after Bale's two brilliant performances against Internazionale in the Champions League, Redknapp said in November 2010: "In the long term I eventually see Gareth dropping back and playing at left-back where he can be one of the best, if not the best.

harry on talk sport now

LOL @ that pic with the dogs

dsfdg

audio book would be classic

maybe its because im an east londoner but i love 'arry

real old school east end he is