Greece v Czech Republic & Poland v Russia

Admin.

Greece v Czech Republic ITV1

TEAM NEWS

Greece are short of defenders, with Sokratis Papastathopoulos serving a ban and Avraam Papadopoulos ruled out after tearing his cruciate ligament.

Kyriakos Papadopoulos will start on Tuesday, and is set to partner Kostas Katsouranis at the back.

The Czech Republic may make changes following their 4-1 defeat by Russia.

Michal Kadlec could revert to centre-back with David Limbersky coming in at left-back, while Tomas Hubschman and Tomas Pekhart could also feature.

Match Facts

Greece have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 matches against Czech Republic in all competitions. Greece win or draw1.57

Greece are undefeated in their last 11 matches in EURO Cup. Greece win or draw1.57

Greece have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches against Czech Republic in all competitions. Under 2.5 goals1.57

Poland v Russia ITV1

TEAM NEWS

Poland's goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny is banned for this match, so Przemyslaw Tyton will deputise.

Coach Franciszek Smuda may replace both Bordeaux's Ludovic Obraniak and Terek Grozny's Maciej Rybus with Adrian Mierzejewski and Kamil Grosicki.

Russia could stick with the side that beat the Czech Republic 4-1.

Aleksandr Kerzhakov missed several chances in that match but will not lose his place to Roman Pavlyuchenko, coach d*ck Advocaat has said.

Smuda hopes the pressure of being tournmament co-hosts will have eased after their 1-1 draw with Greece in their opening game.

"That psychological burden on the players from before the tournament has gone and in the next match we will not be under the same kind of pressure," he said.

Smuda also played down the significance of facing Russia, adding: "I had never considered this game to be a special one, other than the fact it is a great fixture, and it might be a great spectacle for the fans.

"The most important thing is not to lose. We have not lost to Russia for a long time [since 1996]. Hopefully it will stay this way."

Russia put in an impressive performance in beating the Czech Republic but Advocaat has calmed rising expectations surrounding his side.

"It was just one game that we won and the tournament has barely started," he said.

"Poland and Russia are going to go for a win and only during the game will you know what will happen.

"Is a draw good enough? I don't think so."

Match Facts

There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Poland's last 4 games in EURO Cup. Under 2.5 goals1.70

Russia have won 5 of their last 6 matches in EURO Cup. Russia win2.40

Poland have failed to win their last 5 matches in EURO Cup. Poland lose or draw1.33

/

Group A

Country W D L GD Pts

Russia 1 0 0 3 3

Greece 0 1 0 0 1

Poland 0 1 0 0 1

Czech Rep. 0 0 1 -3 0

If Greece sit back they will get beat by Czech Republic, so they need to take the game to Czechs even though there is Santos and his subs also the fact they must get something out of this game because they have the Russians in the last game.

Looking forward to seeing that beast/machine Papadopolous and hopefully the number 22 starts ahead of Ninis because he has a beautiful pass in him as he showed with his first touch in the game.

I wasn't impressed with Czech defence especially with Kadlec(I saw earlier on teletext he might be moved into the centre :lol:) and Cech who is average without the number 28 bus in front of him.

I was impressed with the number 19 and Pilar/Plasil(takes set pieces with either foot which is sick) who all outshined Rosicky

Necid must start if not get some playing time if Czech to stand a chance

/

Poland vs Russia

Should be a very attacking game

The Poles have to score 1st because they looked on edge when Greece put it on them in the 2nd half.

The Dortmund trio have to come out for both halves and also Obrainik must be more creative in the number 10 role

Looking forward to seeing Arshavin/Dzagoev again in front of that classy Zenit three man midfield and hopefully that c*nt Kerzhakov brings his shooting boots tonight especially I have this c*nt as my tip for the golden boot.

The evening games seemed to have more goals in them than the afternoon games

It might be something to do with the heat

Czech team to play Greece: Cech, Gebre Selassi, Sivok, Kadlec, Limbersky, Hübschman, Plasil, Jiracek, Rosicky, Pilar; Baros

Greece team: Chalkias, Torosidis, K.Papadopoulos, Katsouranis, Holebas, Maniatis, Karagounis, Fotakis, Fortounis, Salpingidis, Samaras

Kadlec as CB :lol:

Jiracek/Plasil/Pilar

Still no Necid FFS (You need to win this game)

Papadopoulos what a beast(Had to start due to his performance and plus with Sokartis and Avraam being out)

Kudos to Santos for starting Salpingidis(scored and won the penalty) and Fortounis (Who has a beautiful pass in him)

fuck how can i miss 2 goals

• Upvote 1