Facebook rolls out the ability to edit user comments

Yak_Louis

Facebook has started rolling out a tool that allows users to change their comments on the site after posting them.

Many people find that they have left a glaring typo or mistake in a comment on someone's Facebook status update.

Facebook knows that, and so has now introduced the ability to edit comments on the site.

According to reports, this tool will be available to all Facebook's 900m+ members over the next couple of days.

The new editing option, long called for by the site's users, only applies to comments, rather than status updates.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a389074/facebook-rolls-out-the-ability-to-edit-user-comments.html

facebook will never die trust me

its gonna be like a internet passport

There was a time when many would have said the same thing about msn,myspace,blackchat,face-pic etc now look at them.

They are dead and buried .

Social networking usually hits its peak for around 3-5 years then it dies

Then people move onto the next one . (twitter)

• Downvote 1

facebook will never die trust me

its gonna be like a internet passport

There was a time when many would have said the same thing about msn,myspace,blackchat,face-pic etc now look at them.

They are dead and buried .

Social networking usually hits its peak for around 3-5 years then it dies

Then people move onto the next one . (twitter)

nw if u think of all of those features, facebook has those

including twitter, twitter is just a lil bit more open

I doubt FB is gonna die, its not like the other social media tools that died...Its ALOT more integrated.

Also I've noticed ppl disappear for a few months but always come back (myself included).

Alot of twitter users are still very active FB users, whereas previously one tool was dumped completely for the new one.

I think its purpose may change though........

I don't think it can be compared to myspace and the older social sites.

Peoples nan's weren't on myspace and people weren't loading up myspace on their phones everytime they had a spare 5 mins. Facebook has become a habit to most, it gets loaded up without thinking, like people just switch into autopilot and it takes them to Facebook.