help buying a new tv

Frank White

YEAH I GOT A 3D SAMSUNG 42 INCH FOR 750 IN CURRYS SALE A YEAR AN A HALF AGO.

I DON'T EVEN USE IT FOR THE 3D BUT THE ACTUAL QUALITY IS BETTER THAN NON 3D TV'S.

ANYTIME SOMEONE WHO HASN'T SEEN MY TV COMES ROUND THEY WILL ALWAYS COMMENT ON HOW CLEAR IT IS.

smart tv is shit, id rather use a smart bluray player or xbox 360 or something

the next most important thing to me next to picture is sound, and them tincan speaks on the tv while watching iplayer or something just wont do it

i know some have optical out, but its a next hassle

i have the LG LE5900 37 LED TV, its got Netcast, but its shit, it has USB slots, pretty sure you can run media from it, and DLNA too but if you want to use WIFI you need to buy a dongle, again pointless cause the sound will be shit

this will be my next purchase ina few months

http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=112096&Model=LG-47LW550T

But who uses the speakers from the TV though ?

Not saying all have to be some super AV forum geek, but even the most standard tech user purchases a sound system these days.

what speaker set you got ?

im getting my TV

the brackets have been on my wall for too long now

I have Onkyo AV and pair of wharfdale floorstanders and centre

Only a 2:1 setup

Wanna get a pair of Bowers but GF gives me plainface when she sees te price of them lol

Samsung, you can't fault them. I've got a 1TB usb drive hooked up to mine at it plays literally any 720/1080p mkv files I throw at it. Obviously stock speakers are not going to be the greatest but it helps if you get ones which are down firing, it sounds nicer if you place your tv on the wall. Home cinema speaker kits is what you need if you are really fussed about sound.

Sonos is great for streaming music from your phone, got one at work.