Versus Hip Hop on Trial live Debate 7pm Tonite Youtube...BIG TINGS

Supermalt

true

making white boys who comsume most of the music to look at black people like monkeys

thats hardly the case

turns the consumers into brainless monkeys themselves

to the casual observer tho, its a different story

the whole culture degrades white people far more than it ever will blacks

has turned the term white boy into a derogatory statement tbh

churns out daniel eskimos even as far west as wales

f*ck it, f*ck any intelligent white debaters, they should have wacked that c*nt on the panel n he'd have shown the world what we should be fearing

• Downvote 2

The sad thing is the people who have cases to answer the Lil Waynes, 2 Chainz, Gucci Mane's etc... aren't on the panel.

What do they have to answer for that quentin tarantino doesnt?

This is a debate about Hip Hop though.

THIS

people keep avoiding hiphops wrong doings, with what about x y or z

true

making white boys who comsume most of the music to look at black people like monkeys

thats hardly the case

are u serious?

is this your cross?

true

thats hardly the case

are u serious?

is this your cross?

u don't see white boy as derogatory?

its clearly used as it is, on here enough aswell

the other day my pre teen brother said he had some black lad start in the middle of town "what u lookin at white boy" as it goes

this has been taught

The thing I don't like is that people say Hip Hop is the reason black people are seen in a certain light by society in general, which i find ridiculous we were looked at and treated as second class citizens long before anyone picked up a microphone and spat bars about guns and drugs.

• Upvote 1

Hip hop has had more negattive effects than positives on the youth generation as a whole.

But most affected is black youth.

this lad normally chats the most sh*t but even he can see it

i don't get how its even questionable?

disagree about blacks bein most affected but can obvs see where ur comin from

Tbh the lowly skilled commercial form of modern Hip Hop makes people outside look at black people as monkeys.

I'm not sure if it turns consumers into monkeys.

The same way I'm not sure The Kardashian's tv show turns people into shallow, superficial individuals.

I think you have to be that person in the 1st place to even want to surround yourself with this level of art.

Tbh the lowly skilled commercial form of modern Hip Hop makes people outside look at black people as monkeys.

I'm not sure if it turns consumers into monkeys.

The same way I'm not sure The Kardashian's tv show turns people into shallow, superficial individuals.

I think you have to be that person in the 1st place to even want to surround yourself with this level of art.

to various degrees it gradually changes a person's attitudes and opinions

i'd imagine most people here can agree from experience on that 1, me included, maybe they ain't U turned yet

i'd agree with your last statement if the bombardment of media started when ur a fully functioning adult, but this sh*t is smothering kids from toddler times, u have no choice, its literal brainwashing

i'm not gona let the daniel eskimo example drop

i ain't paid any attention to any of his "poetry" but i'm inclined to believe he's an intelligent chap, or atleast could be

it was all down hill from fresh prince n eminem

• Upvote 1

I dont understand

There are loads of sub-genres in hiphop

Look at the conscious side of it like Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Technique, Budden, Lupe Fiasco at times amongst others

Then look at the other side like Ross, Wayne, Tyga etc who promote violence/sex/hoe-ish actions/anti-women lyrics

What makes one commerical and have a wide reach/audience with strong marketing teams, endorsments etc

Its the people who own the record labels and fund them and push them, get them all over the media, have their pr teams see them as the kool artists too listen too etc

Why are they not being made accountable

Ive always seen it as hip hop reflects society, society doesnt reflect hiphop (well until the last week years), it does seem to have switched sides a little bit

But when smart rappers are being told to dumb it down, and they flood us with utter dross, what do they expect to happen?

For every Uncle Murder there is an Mf Grimm

Could be here all day

Its bullshit

• Upvote 1

The sad thing is the people who have cases to answer the Lil Waynes, 2 Chainz, Gucci Mane's etc... aren't on the panel.

What do they have to answer for that quentin tarantino doesnt?

This is a debate about Hip Hop though.

THIS

people keep avoiding hiphops wrong doings, with what about x y or z

Thing is people like you lot waste time talking about things like hiphops wrong doings when hiphop is and will never be the actual problem.

As intelligent as you lot think you are you will sit here discussing how bad the symptoms are rather than actually trying to deal with the problem at hand

exactly mame

its been a slow decade-spanning gradual but deliberate attempt at society destruction

think the debate was less about holding people accountable and more about opening a dialogue

oj what's the root cause in ur opinion?

plz try avoiding the subject of slavery

some1 in the debate answered ur quentin question

i asked because imo its perpetuately used as a complete excuse for the actions of blacks throughout america, europe and africa

which is yet another product of the hip hop culture tbh

slavery as an excuse?

lol at least say circumstances, which even u know is arguable

i give u too much credit

the idea is so ingrained into people's minds

if u don't think slavery is used as an excuse for everything by idiots then u must have missed a few of marvell's posts (not a reason for u to respond u gay skitzo prick, we kno ur lurking)

it constantly is, same for racism, same for colonilsation and africa's current state, despite the f*ck*ng obvious, its all a joke

Hip hop is great but it does have its faults . If you are a black person you will know that hip hop is ours , made by us about OUR struggles.what hip hop was , and to a lesser extent is about .

Its about the struggles we have faced,it is about dealing with racism , from society,the police,the government etc . It was about black pride aswell something to be proud of but we have to be very real .It DOES have its faults .

Self hate , Promoting crime most commonly black on black and it should be held accountable BUT before hip hop is held accountable SOCIETY needs to be held accountable . I.e the racists,rapists,invaders of other countries,people who kept slaves i.e all the evil .Not so much a colour thing but society as a whole

• Upvote 1