Bank Charges - Ethical?

mark_INIESTA_davies

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Look I'm just asking u genuine question cos I'm interested no need to be a d*ck

Yes u make profit

But how does that cost the bank anything?

And doesn't the bank makes a profit as well?

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

But as long as the profit they make covers those costs which it must other wise they wouldn't bother to do it, then it doesn't actually matter about any costs ur bond has earnt the money for that as well.

It depends how deep you want to look into it. Their return isn't guaranteed, how can we be sure it didn't cost them?

Also I'm look at it through accounting principles where revenue - cost = profit and I'm only referring to the cost element. You're referring to the profit elements.

When I look at my statements I see money coming in but nothing going out in the banks favor. That's all I meant to express.

The interest system is a two way system and essentially the debtors 'pay for' the creditors, and banks can be used for your advantage.

Bank charges are ethical, but banks aren't always ethical hence the barclays saga

But I doubt the thread starter was referring to the trading rates, much rather a few 8 pounds here and there where he went into unauthorised overdraft. Totally ethical.