The Voice newspaper denied accreditation to the Olympic stadium

TF S4DK

Sports editor at Britain's oldest and biggest black newspaper describes British Olympic Association decision as 'outrageous'

The Voice, Britain's oldest and biggest black newspaper, has been denied accreditation to the Olympic stadium despite the high number of black British athletes competing in the games.

Sports editor Rodney Hinds described the decision by the British Olympic Association as "outrageous" and said the paper is not going to take it without a fight.

The Voice managing director George Ruddock described the decision "as a slap in the face by the BOA". He said: "We are truly disappointed that the Voice which has covered the glorious achievements of British, African and Caribbean athletes for many years will not be inside the Olympic stadium."

The British Olympic Association have been running a high-profile campaign highlighting London's cosmopolitan culture but told the Voice it was completely over subscribed for the stadium, the centre of the box office track and field events.

"After careful consideration by the Media Accreditation Committee, we regret to inform you that your application accreditation for the London 2012 Olympic Games has been unsuccessful," it wrote in a letter to the Voice.

"The games have been sold on diversity and if we can't have one reporter reporting on what's happening from inside the stadium something is very wrong.

"Usain Bolt is Jamaican. We cover Caribbean, African, Black British. Our readers are up in arms. They have gone ballistic," said Hinds.

The BOA said it only had room for 400 journalists and told the Voice it would go on a wait list.

"We've known about this decision for a while," said Hinds. "But we thought they would do something about it. They haven't, so we've decided to go public on it."

The BOA said today that three journalists from the Voice had been accredited. But Hinds said this was for the football only.

"I could have bought tickets to the football and covered it, anyone could have done that," said Hinds. "This is for the main stadium, for the track and field. If you look at Team GB, you will see the number of black athletes is very high.

"We are Britain's biggest black paper and have been going for 30 years. Some outlets will have three or four or more reporters accredited, but not to the detriment of an entire community."

The Olympics is also being held in east London, home to a large black community.

The Jewish Chronicle has been accredited to put in in perspective...

jus to play devil's advocate

would some "white" newspaper catering solely for england's "white" community even be allowed to exist, at least without being demonised as racist

if, as the article suggests, the games have been "sold on diversity", then surely that goes against lettin this segregational paper get involved?

• Downvote 6

would some "white" newspaper catering solely for england's "white" community even be allowed to exist, at least without being demonised as racist

if, as the article suggests, the games have been "sold on diversity", then surely that goes against lettin this segregational paper get involved?

the f*ck?

were 2% of the pop.

why cant we have news catered to us instead of just mainstream sh*t we may not relate to

• Upvote 4

I'm glady you started by saying your playing tbh...

Dunno why you asked a question then negged the first answer tbh.

because he was wrong and predictable

1. they don't cater exclusively to the white population for a start

2. get googling and you'll find they're run by the same tribe as the jewish chronicle is

na martinez thats bollocks

i'm just pointing out the double standards, didn't question the apparent necessity

id like alternative representation for my own people tbh

but i don;t think we'd be able to get a government grant to set our newspaper up and i'm pretty sure a few people would have a problem with it

• Downvote 1

because he was wrong and predictable

1. they don't cater exclusively to the white population for a start

2. get googling and you'll find they're run by the same tribe as the jewish chronicle is

na martinez thats bollocks

i'm just pointing out the double standards

id like alternative representation for my own people tbh

Them joo/race haters there

Them guys that link everything to joos

Boring

• Downvote 1

f*ck knows

if u think it caters exclusively for, or even looks out for the general interests of white people (as i assume the voice does for blacks), then you're deluded

fact is if 1 was set up, it'd be racist

jus bored of these constant bullshit stories, blatantly baiting blacks into bein pissed off 24/7

• Downvote 1

f*ckin hell

i take it all back, ur completely right

the daily mail does represent me and mine, i've always wanted white women to be appearance obsessed, product consuming whores, and thank f*ck they've finally got a detailed study of regional influence on our women's eyebrows shape!

thick c*nt

think im giving local too much credit

im all for critical thinking but guy ffs. ill bite.

if u said a white newspaper in an african country, that would be a fair comparison

it may be looked at with a side eye due to the sins of your fathers, but its still plausible tbh

while getting rid of the voice, u might aswell get rid of the hackney gazette because people in tottenham cant relate to it and feel discriminated against etc

think im giving local too much credit

im all for critical thinking but guy ffs. ill bite.

if u said a white newspaper in an african country, that would be a fair comparison

it may be looked at with a side eye due to the sins of your fathers, but its still plausible tbh

while getting rid of the voice, u might aswell get rid of the hackney gazette because people in tottenham cant relate to it and feel discriminated against etc

i disagree

from when something isn't allowed to cater solely for a majority population but it's fine for something to cater for a 2% then somethings up

discrimination init

i'm sure tottenham has their own paper

either way, i ain't really too bothered, all i kno is ur becoming some black militant

all these headlines gettin to u?