50 Cent becomes promoter, signs Gamboa, Dirrell

Fighting Weight

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/7/20/3172928/50-cent-boxing-promoter-tmt-promotions-andre-dirrell-yuriorkis-gamboa-boxing-news

I think this is a good move, if it's gone about the right way. Boxing is becoming far too circus like nowadays and this seems to add to that, however 50 is a very good business man & has sh*t loads of money, a boxing background, and hopefully can do something positive for the Sport, even if it is just media recognition.

Makes me think 50s a bit shady tbh. He's leveraged his "friendship" with floyd to get him the connections in the sport to allow him to make more money. I wonder if this was always the plan.

Makes me think 50s a bit shady tbh. He's leveraged his "friendship" with floyd to get him the connections in the sport to allow him to make more money. I wonder if this was always the plan.

isnt that the same kind of thing all successful businessmen/women do?

A lot do but it makes me think less of him if the plan was never actually to be boys with may weather and he always had an ulterior motive. Then again I could be completely wrong and this just happened organically.

• 3 weeks later...