The 'N' Word

Fresh

I have heard Pakistani boys say Paki but it was said as shortened way to say Pakistani, I cant recall it being said in a derogatory with a next asian guy saying yeah ‘I’m gonna fuck that paki up’ then again I par with more Bangladeshi and Indian guys that Pakistani’s. I am not doubting it happens but no where near the scale blacks do it.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

I have heard Pakistani boys say Paki but it was said as shortened way to say Pakistani, I cant recall it being said in a derogatory with a next asian guy saying yeah ‘I’m gonna fuck that paki up’ then again I par with more Bangladeshi and Indian guys that Pakistani’s. I am not doubting it happens but no where near the scale blacks do it.

When a black guy says "I'm gonna fuck that nigga up" it's meant in a derogatory way?

i dont use it at all and 8/10 tell people in my presence not to use it around me (when they say it). i have some cousins who i accept will not change and every other word is ''Nigga'' ive explained my stance to them, but its too in grained in their vocab and or they dont see a problem. i dont use it at all only im referenceing the word for example '' James calls Graham a nigger/nigger'' and im informing someone of what happened.

It doesnt slip out anymore, in the beginning it did a bit.

Ok you are gonna fight venom and say ‘’Im going bust that faggots head in’’ is that meant in a derogatory way?

Venom gets into a fight down Vauxhall with another gay man and the gay man says to venom ‘’Im gonna kick you head in Fag’’ Is that meant in a derogatory way?

No one should use it at all. But it's all a part of black people

And the way they are programmed to look at life. I don't hear china man or Pakistani man going round calling each other chinkey, paki, terrorist etc If we dd we would question it so why don't blacks?

White people call each other chav but that is more of a social status slur

Not true.

Truss..

A few asians I know drop the P word every now and again. But I wouldn't use it personally and I expect same vice versa with the N word...

Certain places/ circle I would drop the 'N' word freely. But not in public, open area..

language is progressive. if, by saying "my nigga" a black man means "my black brother" why should anyone to tell him otherwise? the words mean what You mean when You say them

the country is irrelevant - UK rappers say the N word on their official albums and no one bats an eyelid

US sports stars don't use it. I doubt Koby Bryant calls a different basketballer the N word publically during interviews regarding his sport.

I think part of the reason is that there are more issues with racism in sport than there are in hip hop, or at least it's seen to be the case.

in terms of the spelling, the R at the end adds that racist twang onto the word, which black people don't pronounce (video below, 0:50 onwards)

When a black guy says "I'm gonna fuck that nigga up" it's meant in a derogatory way?

Yeah it is. It is another form of self hate, using the word to belittle the other person by calling them Nigga is to say they are some sort of superior black and the person is beneath them just because of their colour even though they are the same race. It could be looked upon in a social aspect but personally I believe its deeper than that and is a deep rooted self hatred the black man has of himself.

no @ Fresh, on 2 counts.

1 is intra-racism ( racist to Your own race, more acceptable ). the Luis Suarez incident isn't, and is extra-racism (racist to another race)

2 - I just said racism of any kind is not acceptable in sports, hence Koby not saying "I passed the ball to my nigga Devin"

Luis Suarez is used to getting away with racism

he meant to be racist, he just also meant to get away with it.

it clearly caused offence, to the black man involved, and many others. but i've already discussed that in the Suarez racism thread - please respond there if it's about Suarez

Yeah it is. It is another form of self hate,
using the word to belittle the other person by calling them Nigga is to say they are some sort of superior black
and the person is beneath them just because of their colour even though they are the same race. It could be looked upon in a social aspect but personally I believe its deeper than that and is a deep rooted self hatred the black man has of himself.

that's not what they're doing

Yeah it is. It is another form of self hate,
using the word to belittle the other person by calling them Nigga is to say they are some sort of superior black
and the person is beneath them just because of their colour even though they are the same race. It could be looked upon in a social aspect but personally I believe its deeper than that and is a deep rooted self hatred the black man has of himself.

that's not what they're doing

I am from the school of thought where this word can not be used as a casual word no matter what. There is a deep meaning behind the word, I feel when I hear other blacks use it they have adopted the word but not to empower as many will claim but use it along the same way whites did back in the days of slavery (to put down people show they are nothing )

In A Dictionary of Modern English Usage (1926), H. W. Fowler states that applying the word nigger to "others than full or partial negroes" is "felt as an insult by the person described, & betrays in the speaker, if not deliberate insolence, at least a very arrogant inhumanity"; but the second edition (1965) states: "N. has been described as 'the term that carries with it all the obloquy and contempt and rejection which whites have inflicted on blacks.' ".

If historically noone ever wanted to be identified as a "nigger" not sure why its so cool to use nowadays, especially in the UK don't care what anyone says, If Hip-Hop wasn't so prominent in this country black people would be less comfortable calling each other that word.

• Upvote 1

I have heard Pakistani boys say Paki but it was said as shortened way to say Pakistani, I cant recall it being said in a derogatory with a next asian guy saying yeah ‘I’m gonna f*ck that paki up’ then again I par with more Bangladeshi and Indian guys that Pakistani’s. I am not doubting it happens but no where near the scale blacks do it.

When a black guy says "I'm gonna f*ck that nigga up" it's meant in a derogatory way?

Yeah it is. It is another form of self hate, using the word to belittle the other person by calling them Nigga is to say they are some sort of superior black and the person is beneath them just because of their colour even though they are the same race
. It could be looked upon in a social aspect but personally I believe its deeper than that and is a deep rooted self hatred the black man has of himself.

no way man :/

There is a subconscious self hatred in using this word. Some may want to or don’t want to admit it. Like I said its not a casual word that should be flung about in the way it is. That’s why I fully endorse Pascal’s post. Look at how many black man in this country go with a white partner swear it a rate higher than 50%. Then you have all that Lighty talk and light skin/mix race women being preffered if they dont go fully white, all of it is self hate. Black people hate themselfs but majority of us just dont see it. From the bleaching to going out with Whales just because they are white. Black on black crime its engrained in black people to hate themself.

• Upvote 1