Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Afgoon

Is Hackney Soft nowaday ?

65 posts in this topic

been workin in and around

spent time in homerton.. hackney wick... hackney central

nw ldn seems a lot of worse to me... im more on edge at night in stonebridge or harslden and even south

all i see is yuppys and aslyum seekers and friendly jamaicans called baldwin/winston

even when i went to frampton park road in 400 pound shoes lookin like a tourist after dark i didnt feel intimidated once

all i see is lovely parks and happy smiley people .. even the road scum are polite

even the fiends are friendly when i go to their houses for home visits in dodgy estates

olmpics arnt any excuse

i dnt wna hear anythin about hackney ever again ... its all in your head

you lot are softer then olmpic female swimmers puppy fat

£400 shoes?....leave it.

Yes more yuppie's student types walk down Dalston at night use to be bare crack dealers and winos now just trendy types all the way though stoke newington. Few places popping up in lower clapton now Chimes is now some trendy bar. The degenerates have been shipped of to Barking and Dagenham etc. Talking to someone about it on twitter not to long ago he said same thing has happened to Clapham. My bredrin has built a Fruit and Veg business over the past 2 years catering for these types and makes decent money.

Them trendy student looking whites rules hackney. The bitches, they would get mashed, dashed and creampied. Standard procedure to use the name Clark.

Standard procedure to use the name Clark.

You should be calling yourself Flynn.

Standard procedure to use the name Clark.

You should be calling yourself Flynn.

ill call you Gok Wan drom now on.

Lived hackney before i moved to essex and believe me it has changed a lot .

It's called gentrification . (type of ethnic cleansing if you ask me) .

Go into a poor area where housing is cheap,Bring all your yuppie mates,Invest in a few businesses that do not suit the area one bit then viola . Price the orginal people out .

hackneycitizen.co.uk/2012/01/03/clissold-park-cafe-re-opens/

Seems the oldschool lot are pissed off with this sort of thing

hackney aint that place anymore, people wise but its still bummy

which is good tbh but what stacksb said..

I remember walking through Stoke at 2am on the phone and the person was like.. aren't you scared. LOL scared of what?! It really is full of drunk 'trendy students'

Don't think people are complaing about that. It's more that people are being moved and priced out the area.

I want to see the demographic of people they move to the new e20 postcode after the Olympics should be a good social study.

They had a show on bbc 2 couple of weeks ago about how the demographic on this estate between shorditch and brick lane has changed over the past 100 years. That also many Asians are being moved out recently making way for the yuppie trendy peeps

I want to know more

How are people being moved on and how have prices risen in Hackney?

House prices have gone up. Family who live around there are still there.

Area is getting better.

Hasn't Hackney always kinda had that side to it tho?

It has. Shoreditch has alway been a trendy hipster white area. Afgoon seems like he trolling tho. Ignore him

Canning town is the next I believe to face major gentrificAtion. I can see it already. In fact it's already in place with excel the apartments and building around there are very nice then just across the road is 'di slumz'

Nah i wasnt trlrollling i was jus shocked as i sunned myself in victoria park and saw nothin but white mums pushin kids prams as young thomas runs around with his sister victoria

And jus loads of whites

This would neer hapen in brent

I love wembley stonebridge harslden waealstone because there is a paucity of these out of town whites movin in and ruinin the area

I want to know more

It's called gentrification .

Prices have gone up because landlords and housing associations know that the new folk that have come into the area will pay those prices .

Same with these local shops .

What is happening is the new folk will invest in a business that will cater to their people (rich) and not the original people .

For instance they will set up their own cofee shops/cafes where they will sell something like a cheese toastie for 4 pounds or a scone for 3 pound, knowing full well that most of the original people would not pay that amount of money for a cheese toastie but they new people will .

I want to know more

It's called gentrification .

Prices have gone up because landlords and housing associations know that the new folk that have come into the area will pay those prices .

Same with these local shops .

What is happening is the new folk will invest in a business that will cater to their people (rich) and not the original people .

For instance they will set up their own cofee shops/cafes where they will sell something like a cheese toastie for 4 pounds or a scone for 3 pound, knowing full well that most of the original people would not pay that amount of money for a cheese toastie but they new people will .

Thats waffle about cheese toastie, sure there is still a Greggs or somthing simliar to cater for all

House prices will naturally increase when an area gets better and people aint being forced out there council flats

Win win for all if you want better surroundings

Thun go Victoria park village and look for greggs even the local pubs there are now gastro pubs only 2 pubs for the real locals out of 8 still cater for them all the others are yuppie trendy shit with art exhibitions in the pub fuck that I want my pint and watch the match then have a game of pool then go izzy kebabs for a doner after the lock in.

People complaining that their slummy area is gettin better. :/

that's not why they are gettin mad

gentrification isnt a solution to poverty, it just moves it elsewhere