Match Review: F.C Koln

mark_INIESTA_davies

1st half

I'm sure I speak for most of us Arsenal fans in saying Santi was world class in his link up play always the epitome of composure in making space with the little lest of movement!. The striking addition of Giroud also looks a massive positive, the guy has an abundance of strength beneath the bonnet whilst he's quick on his feet and will run the into the channels too - a real star in the making.

Overall I think you could see some of last years mindset in our play as Podolski, Giroud and Santi all looked frustratingly when unable to receive a quick one two or weather the direct pass wasn't played quick enough and this may be the new wave of progression that our squad needs with Theo clearly enjoying riding the new wave as the second goal he layed on the plate was a quick decisive pass!.

Others to note; Per Mertersacker signs of fitness severely lacking, Oxlade-Chamberlain too enthusiastic at times but he reminded me of Vieria in that central midfield role.

2nd half

From around the 70th minute you could see the intentions of Chamakh, Van Persie & Arshavin were quite clear providing a lack of effort, no intention to play positively and made playing with them the hardest task in the world in which Gervinho, Song, Diaby, Santos, Jenkinson all refused to take part in attacking duties showing a clear divide of loyalty in the camp.

No real positives in truth due to the performance being tainted by the three amigo's which was a sour last 30-35 minutes to endure.

• Upvote 6

I forgot what it felt like to watch a player that cares but did anyone see Lukas Podolski get quite agitated and disappointed a few times when he wasn't played in on goal? not going to take it negatively as it encourages team mates to perform better, think we used to have a little player by the name of Thierry Henry do the exact same thing it must be something these top class players have wired into their system.

What are the odds on Lukas lamping Maourane at the Britannia in December lol?

Also what did everyone think of that Koln keeper? made a hell of a name for himself today especially with that shot from Giroud from about 5 yards out had me very impressed.

Who else is excited for the season ahead? and what your thoughts on yesterdays game?

From around the 70th minute you could see the intentions of Chamakh, Van Persie & Arshavin were quite clear providing a lack of effort, no intention to play positively and made playing with them the hardest task in the world in which Gervinho, Song, Diaby, Santos, Jenkinson all refused to take part in attacking duties showing a clear divide of loyalty in the camp.

"It is understood Van Persie was encouraged by the arrivals of Germany forward Lukas Podolski, France striker Olivier Giroud and Spain midfielder Cazorla - to the point where he was open to the idea of staying with or without a new contract.

But Wenger pulled him aside shortly before Sunday's friendly victory over Cologne, told him he would be sold if a deal could be reached and informed the Dutchman he was no longer part of his plans."

Quote BBC

/

The way RVP disrespected his fellow colleagues and fans with that 20 minute show of utter shite was the last straw for Wenger - absolute vile performance.