What was your favourite moment of the games?

Mongy

Title says it all really, so what was your favorite moment?

article-0-147750D5000005DC-711_634x450.jpg

article-2186205-14775521000005DC-519_634x391.jpg

David Radisha and the whole of the 800m race is my favourite. Radisha smashed the world record and the other 7 athletes who were way behind him ALL got either National records or personal bests.

The British guy who came in last would of got Gold in the last 2 Olympics if he raced with the time he got. It showed how much these athletes pushed themselves and how well they performed.

So go on, whats yours?

ahh man, im not even sure you know, so so pissed i didnt get involved with this cause i had a negative view of it before it started. but games were epic

one of the best for me has to be the 4x100m mens, Blake man, flippin hell, the way he TORE down that track was a next ting

and USA broke the previous world record but still lost

if team GB had made it they would have got 3rd or suttum

ill come back with more

Vicky Pendletons Keirin Gold was a turning point where I realised the other sports might be entertaining, from that moment I started watching all sorts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19120463

The opening ceremony also did a lot in changing skeptical attitude towards the games.

"No English, straight Patois" I have used a few times in the last few days.

I think I shouted the loudest at my television when Mo finished and when the JA boy came in with a WR

Mine is rather an odd/personal one but most of my Nigerian & Ghanian ppl were hyping before the Olympics. Talking about my country was going to get nothing & they'll beat us...

nigeriaghana.jpg

ghshsh

sh

:lol:

sh

sh

You lot were offically the Arsenal & Holland of the Olympics, BOTTLERS!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Other fav moments:

Kiprotich winning gold & getting his medal at the closing ceremony while most of the world listened to UG's national anthem

Mo Farah's second Gold was emotional

Mexico beating cocky lazy Brazil who just wasn't on it

Joshua's gold in boxing even tho the Italian's challenged it

Makhloufi gold win was nuts

Radisha breaking the world record>>>>>>>

I think the best performance of the games has to belong to David Rudisha, that race frightened me, I've never seen anyone dominate a race like that in my life, not since Michael Johnson anyway.

The rest were huffing and puffing, clearly hurting trying to keep up with the guy and he just keep moving away and moving away, phenomenal.

The fact they ALL did pb's or sb's just shows the level this guy is on, madness.

My personal favourites involved this guy as he put my grandparent's tiny island in the world headlines.

kirani-james-getty.jpg

1st I thought this was a beautiful touch and showed how humble the guy is that he actually went and looked for Pistorious afterwards

oscar-pistorius-kirani-james-exchange-bibs-400-meter-semifinal.jpg

screenhunter07aug132001.jpg

Then his Gold medal performance

628x471.jpg

_62086521_62086520.jpg

& he didn't run off when he won, he turned around and congratulated everyone else 1st.

To see that kind of humility and potential in a kid of 19 just makes me proud he is representing the island.

All I could think about was the celebrations on the island aswell.

news-kirani-james1.jpg

Never thought I could be so proud.

• Upvote 1

Mine is rather an odd/personal one but most of my Nigerian & Ghanian ppl were hyping before the Olympics. Talking about my country was going to get nothing & they'll beat us...

nigeriaghana.jpg

ghshsh

sh

:lol:

sh

sh

You lot were offically the Arsenal & Holland of the Olympics, BOTTLERS!!!

:rofl:

i dont wanna hear NO HYPE from them man for the next 4 years

mans got triple

Kenya

Uganda

Team GB

say nay

The obvious have been mention that I would have said as well, but....................

tumblr_m8jsamcSwK1rcx9fko1_1280.jpg

Before the games his name was not even mentioned nor was it prior to "Super Saturday"

tumblr_m8g8mshSE61qj7itpo1_1280.jpg

Just sums up what the games is about. There are no winner earnings , huge salaries / bonuses paid out. There aren't strikes over how much you feel you should be paid. You sacrifice a lot for 4 years and and can be over on a matter of seconds all in the hope of being able to be in this position. It's about a dream. For some it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for others they get to relive that feeling again.

• Upvote 2