Work & Life

Natalie

On 27/12/2016 at 1:02 PM, Simply D said:

my company is in the final stages of being taken over by another, the big cheeses were having their first meeting in regards to the future plan. My colleague was helping one of our big cheese join the meeting, n when they connected it was already in motion...how are they dropping in just as the new peeps were listing what departments they were looking to get rid of. Needless to say ours was one of them :'(

I haven't been there long enough to get a decent redundancy package, should I start looking or (and I only thought of this recently) tell them I'm looking to bounce as I don't see a future, but would be willing to stay for an X amount pay increase to see the shit through to the end??

What happened with this?

Managers manager is visiting today (wed) actually n wants to take us out for lunch, so might drop a few hints re no point staying as redundancy will be poop, but hes abit of a ruthless compassionless c*nt, he tried to put roadblocks on the pay negotiations when I went perm.

The reality of things is though i wouldn't be able to leave at the mo as my accommodation situation has changed n im trying to sort out a mortgage, so allow my bluff being called, but in my property searches im including job ones too to see what's out there

went lunch...outright spat about not being there long enough for reasonable redundancy so will prob bounce, he seemed unphased.

Though tbh hes not one to "bite" on those sort of things until forced in to a position tbh i.e. me handing in resignation, at which point it would be too late anyway *sigh*