Work & Life

Natalie

when the head of operations calls all niggaz for a chat and says we are all on track

then says 'look if we do good well all get an additional 900£ at the end of the month + £1,000 or something like that'

but  catch is he wants us to do 8am-6pm instead of normal 9-5 (or even longer)

:lolno::lolno:

literally that's how my emotions was....

• 2 weeks later...

last day tomorrow, finally outta here :Y:

Done absolutely fuck all this week, they should just let me go home tbh

• Upvote 1

Gonna see if i can get tomorrow off 

no work tomorrow, paid in full till new year :Y:

Pos, gotta put your foot down sometimes

• Upvote 1

On 22/12/2016 at 10:16 PM, macz said:

helped out another department the last few months as they were really busy, whilst also running my department - with me help them meant that I was getting paid commission for x amount of sign ups I done.

submitted my list beginning of november before I went on holiday and was expecting it to be in my november's payslip, come back from holiday nothing had been sorted, pulled up the manager in that department (this said manager is also part of senior management) who said he didnt get time to get it sorted as he was on holiday + wanted to speak to me as he said there were some discrepancies on my sign ups and I wouldnt be getting anywhere near what I thought I would be getting.

beginning of december comes and this the time when all OT / commission needs to be sent in to be paid for decembers payslip. I still havent had confirmation what I've been getting paid after several chase ups, I finally get sent my total the evening of the deadline to reach decembers payslip - there's about 50% of my total sign ups that I'm not getting paid for. pulled the manager up again and he is waffling, moving goal posts so I asked him to recheck them and send them straight away to finance so I get paid in Decembers payslip seeing as I should've had this in November. his response was "I'm too busy and I'm now on holiday" told him I'm raising this with my manager, wrote a fuck off e-mail explaining everything thats wrong. A week goes by I get an e-mail saying its sorted, I'm getting paid full amount + I'm getting an end of year bonus for all my hard work.

Get pulled in the office yesterday get given letter to confirm my bonus (just short of 2k) which will clear my account this week + another letter to say I'm getting a little pay rise which will start from Jan.

ending the year in a high!

What do you do bro?

my company is in the final stages of being taken over by another, the big cheeses were having their first meeting in regards to the future plan. My colleague was helping one of our big cheese join the meeting, n when they connected it was already in motion...how are they dropping in just as the new peeps were listing what departments they were looking to get rid of. Needless to say ours was one of them :'(

I haven't been there long enough to get a decent redundancy package, should I start looking or (and I only thought of this recently) tell them I'm looking to bounce as I don't see a future, but would be willing to stay for an X amount pay increase to see the shit through to the end??

The latter part of that plan might leave you with egg on your face brah unless you (and more importantly they) feel you're irreplaceable to the business whilst its going through this transitional stage.

I only say this because cost-cutting tends to be the first step in any acquisition and if they're already planning to kill the dept, you don't want to play into their hands by saying you're looking at leaving 

Just start searching elsewhere in the meantime and keep your eyes and ears open for info on your current role/dept - never know they may keep individuals on temporarily

* Edit - but you know the ins and outs of the scenario best

2 hours ago, DRC said:

The latter part of that plan might leave you with egg on your face brah unless you (and more importantly they) feel you're irreplaceable to the business whilst its going through this transitional stage.

I only say this because cost-cutting tends to be the first step in any acquisition and if they're already planning to kill the dept, you don't want to play into their hands by saying you're looking at leaving 

Just start searching elsewhere in the meantime and keep your eyes and ears open for info on your current role/dept - never know they may keep individuals on temporarily

* Edit - but you know the ins and outs of the scenario best

c/s 

Dust off your CV and get into the market asap.

Don't give them any hint you're getting off until you've signed your new contract.

its only me n my colleague in the London office...n my colleague/manager (in title only) works part time.

I got them to increase the offered salary to a job by 12k last year, before I said I would apply for it, otherwise I would bounce, so yeah to a degree they recognise my worth to this shit...and it would be more hassle getting someone in and up to speed to cover the interim transition....buuuut that said, they just might do that n get a contractor in.

I've already started skimming whats out there anyway, but it would be easier to stay where I am for an increased buck, plus long starting the mortgage eligibility clock again

3 hours ago, connorwickham said:

Public sector equals overworked and underpaid. Simple as. Realising this more and more.

depends where you work

some public sector heads are lazy as fuck and learn to work the system because there's much less accountability and no performance targets

then you've got other areas that are squeezed

if our country was run by people who wanted to do a good job instead of people who wanted to keep their jobs things would look a lot more pretty

On 22/12/2016 at 10:16 PM, macz said:

helped out another department the last few months as they were really busy, whilst also running my department - with me help them meant that I was getting paid commission for x amount of sign ups I done.

submitted my list beginning of november before I went on holiday and was expecting it to be in my november's payslip, come back from holiday nothing had been sorted, pulled up the manager in that department (this said manager is also part of senior management) who said he didnt get time to get it sorted as he was on holiday + wanted to speak to me as he said there were some discrepancies on my sign ups and I wouldnt be getting anywhere near what I thought I would be getting.

beginning of december comes and this the time when all OT / commission needs to be sent in to be paid for decembers payslip. I still havent had confirmation what I've been getting paid after several chase ups, I finally get sent my total the evening of the deadline to reach decembers payslip - there's about 50% of my total sign ups that I'm not getting paid for. pulled the manager up again and he is waffling, moving goal posts so I asked him to recheck them and send them straight away to finance so I get paid in Decembers payslip seeing as I should've had this in November. his response was "I'm too busy and I'm now on holiday" told him I'm raising this with my manager, wrote a fuck off e-mail explaining everything thats wrong. A week goes by I get an e-mail saying its sorted, I'm getting paid full amount + I'm getting an end of year bonus for all my hard work.

Get pulled in the office yesterday get given letter to confirm my bonus (just short of 2k) which will clear my account this week + another letter to say I'm getting a little pay rise which will start from Jan.

ending the year in a high!

That guy was tryna eat your commision.

Props on chasing it up

• Upvote 2