Building some monster forearms.

Yuri

FARMER"S WALKS! will also get yoked out ur f*ckin mind.

DL with axles/fat bars.

towel pullups

stack a sled with plates attach rope and pull it hand over hand.

/

what gripper u using? i just copped a captain of crush no 2. my mate can rep it but he's got hands like dinner plates.

i got the Number 1. Seems right for me. What grip do u use to close it though? Cos u can either use your actual thumb (which is a lot harder) or the inside of your hand (the soft part under the thumb).

Tie a rope around a dumbell *or some kind of weight* ... other side to a bar *with no weights on* ...then just turn it so your winding up the rope around the bar which will raise the dumbell and then reverse.

old school way but it works

Sounds sick and makes sense

Nah I used to do this but read tht it's useless. Just gives u a sick pump for a few minutes.

the only way i can close the number two is by setting it in my palm.

think big hands are big advantage for closing grippers.

/

my grandad used to have forearms like popeye, he said it was from working as a drayman before the war, basically picking up and carrying heavy barrels all day, he was also a sailor tho which i imagine still involved climbing/pulling ropes in them days. Which thinking about it mirrors the exercises i suggested quite nicely.

Hit them hard in the gym today. 4 x 30 seconds gripping plates. 4 x reverse curls on a EZ bar (2 narrow grip, 2 wide). 3 sets towel pullups.

Found this on bb.com in case anybody else is interested in bulking up the forearms

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120622811

Grip & Forearm Training is one of my favorite Workouts...
You have to be careful and really listen to your body as the muscles and tendons involved are extrememly small and can be overtrained very easily.
These two workouts have been extremely successful for me over the past couple years;

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Workout #1

Side Levers (3" thick PVC Pipe with weight fitted at 1 side) or a sledgehammer

tsidelever.jpg

3 Sets 12 Reps

Front Levers

exerci1.jpg

exerci2.jpg

3 Sets 12 Reps

Plate Wrist Curls (Try using 2 plates flush side out for the width)

Johanplatecurl_WEB.JPG

3 Sets 10-12 Reps

Reverse Curls (Thumbs out)

Side Hammers (Thumbs out)

Front Hammers

Standing barbell wrist curls in front

Reverse Wrist Curls

^^^3 Sets 6-8 Reps^^^

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Workout #2

(1 1/4" thick Rope, 10' long, hooked to a pulley at lowest level with you seated on the floor, 10' back from the pully) Work the rope in slowly and back slowly raising and lowering the stack of weights...never letting the weights touch...

Rope Pulls elbows out, hand over hand, palms down

Rope Pulls elbows touching, palms facing each other

Rope Pulls elbows out, hand over hand, palms up

5 Sets x 5 Reps

This would be considered elbows out, palms up

10-43-large.jpg

Plate Pinch (Use Min 3 plates for the width)

plate%20pinch.jpg

Plate Toss

DB Toss (Silver DB's standing on end)

^^^Super Set these two running 4 sets 15 reps each hand^^^

Rope Pull-Ups or Towel Pull-ups

towelpullup.jpg

3 Sets 10 Reps

Every so often I will throw in
Captain of Crush Grippers
, maybe once every 10 days..

Slow and controled Reps
...you are not trying to get 100 reps from any grippers...
this will result in an injury...

__________________________________________________ __________________________

You can effectively hit the forearms by training hands and wrist also. I find that is the only way to strengthen and grow the entire forearm...Ensure to only train hand and wrist once every 4 days to begin with until you can handle it or you will find yourself overtraining...I directly and indirectly train my forearms everyday...Using ropes is an ideal way of tackling all of these areas with great results especially your grip strength

MY NEW FAVORITE FOREARM EXERCISE

Standing Rolling Thunder Wrist Curls

Grab a rolling thunder,

rolling_thunder_f.jpg

Hook it to a cable machine with the stack at the top...pull the rolling thunder down into your chest and hold your elbow steady with your opposite hand...now proceed with your wrist curls

Some grip training you can do at home

Fill a bucket full of sand...put 1 hand in and turn the sand in a clockwise fasion, then reverse....

Take two towels in the bathtub and soak them...then wring them both out at the same time working from top to bottom.

Steak Knife Push-ups...place two chairs in front of you which of rounded legs (not squared) get into the push up position with the two chairs side by side in front of you....(so you can grab the two outter legs with your hands)...place your hands on the outer legs roughly 6" up from the ground....begin your push-ups...(THESE ARE EXTREMEMLY HARD)

Flat board chin-ups, If you have stairs in your house, hang off the floor the is above the stairwell opeing with your fingers straight out for pullups

Hang a rope from a tree in your back yard, if no trees, use your patio...try climbing rope for sets...

By a small peice of a plank used on staging at the hardware store...start using a screwdriver and some screws and turn the screws in to the board and out for sets....

Sledgehammer lever lifts...using a sledge, place your arm on your leg and rotate the head of the hammer from one side to the other SLOWLY for each hand...the farther out the head, the more tension on your hand and wrist..I stress the word
SLOWLY

These should work fine without any equipment

USPlabs Sponsored Athlete

In order to win...you must first learn how to lose...

C.O.C. Grippers #1 - CLOSED

C.O.C. Grippers #2 - CLOSED