SPORTING QUOTES

Thizz

I wont pretend I didn't google..

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered ~ George Best.

Asked what he would be if he wasn't a footballer, Peter Crouch replied "a virgin"

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses − behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights ~ One of many from the eternal boxing legend Muhammad Ali.

That's great, tell him he's Pele and get him back on ~ John Lambie, when told his concussed striker could not remember who he was.

My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their f*****g perch. And you can print that.' ~ Fergie

• Upvote 1

LOL THAT FERGIE ONE.

BEST GOT SOME SERIOUS 1'S.

I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.

I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep.

In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.

There have been a few players described as the new George Best over the years, but this is the first time it's been a compliment to me. (ON RONALDO)

If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World,it’d be a hard choice. Thankfully, I’ve done both.

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: "What's an IQ?"

I was in for 10 hours and had 40 pints - beating my previous record by 20 minutes.