Have you surpassed your parent’s achievements in life

The Somalian

I think I can say in all/majority of cultures it is important for a child to surpass their parents achievements in life.

Simple question have you surpassed your parents achievements in life or are you on your way to surpass them?

I am not no where near competing with them. Set the bar high, what about you?

My parents came over here in the 60s with all they could fit in their pocket's to live with grandparents. After having their first child whilst their average age was barely over 19: They have gone through various career avenues, various business avenue's, paid off the mortgage on the 3 bedroom whilst raising 3 terrors and are building a retirement project in the tropics.

Now if you put the opportunities presented to me in scale with their acheivements I won't surpass that until I can withdraw my first million.

• Upvote 1

No

Dad has worked for himself since the age of 20, is now 54, mad respect for him

Mum worked at a record label for like 25 years, was renowned for diligence and professionalism and being safe

I've done a lot for my age but I'm not scratching the surface yet in terms of personal achievement IMO

Actually, on consideration, nah i haven't. I've achieved what I should have based on all the opportunities that this country gave me, but i haven't done anything spectacular

this is the kind of thing i use for self motivation,

in comparison to my parents my achievements to date have been handed to me on a plate, mostly by hard work they've put in both at work and as parents,

so 90% of the things i achieve are their achieve are theirs anyway.

• Upvote 1

That isn't his achievement tho that's what he wanted for u

/

Dunno what my parents greatest achievements are...

Will ask.

Yeah there is their expectations of you, and then their own achievements (which either went with or against their parents expectations..)

/

Nah, no way. Suppose I feel a sort of pressure to do so, when I think about it.

I've surpassed their educational milestones pretty much, but like a next man said our gen. didn't face the same sort of struggles.

In a way, our parents had it easier when it came to copping houses etc, I ain't gonna be able to cop a year for 10 years if I'm realistic. I don't want kids yet, and I think most parents have to consider their kids and achievement unless you go and raise a Gayle-esque sexual deev or some sh*t.

Moving to another country is another achievement in life I haven't attained yet.

I think I can say in all/majority of cultures it is important for a child to surpass their parents achievements in life.

Simple question have you surpassed your parents achievements in life or are you on your way to surpass them?

I am not no where near competing with them. Set the bar high, what about you?

you're lying. you have surpassed them. about no where near