Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HangTheDJ

Liverpool documentary to air showing Dalgleish's sacking

24 posts in this topic

I can't believe this isn't a wind up, preview here;

Dalglish, 61, remains a revered figure for his two periods as manager, the second of those ended by the Fenway regime of US owner John Henry in mid-May.

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish’s sensational summer sacking will be revealed in the opening episode of a controversial fly-on the-wall documentary about the club to be screened later this month, Inside Sport can reveal.

The American TV network FOX promised ‘the good, the bad and the ugly’ when announcing a ground-breaking documentary about the club earlier this year. And while some Liverpool fans and insiders are likely to be uncomfortable that the inner workings of Anfield will be laid bare, the show will deliver on its no-holds-barred promise.

A spokesman for Fox tells Inside Sport: ‘The first episode of the series covers LFC’s quest for the FA Cup final through to the hiring of new manager Brendan Rodgers. Coverage of former manager Kenny Dalglish’s dismissal is included in the first episode and the subject is addressed directly.’

Top clubs tend to do their business in secret, with controversies hushed up, dissent kept in-house and the washing of dirty laundry done strictly in private.

But as FOX Soccer’s executive vice-president David Nathanson told me in April, its account of Liverpool’s ups and downs between early May and now ‘is not a soft promotional piece. This is the inner workings revealed for the first time’.

Hence the six-part series, which is called 'Being: Liverpool’, will be a ‘warts and all’ behind-the-scenes story of events, including the FA Cup final defeat by Chelsea in May (when some Liverpool fans booed the National Anthem), the sacking of much-loved Dalglish, the pursuit and hiring of a new manager and Liverpool’s summer tour to North America, when Rodgers first laid out his philosophy to his new charges, not without hiccups.

Dalglish flew to the USA for face-to-face talks about his future with Henry, then returned with his fate apparently still not resolved, only for the cameras to capture the decisive moments of his sacking.

Dalglish said his dismissal was handled in an ‘honourable, respectful and dignified’ fashion, although it is not known whether he expected it to feature in the TV documentary.

The Fox spokesman said the final cut of the first episode ‘is still being edited and post-produced’.

One intriguing question that the show should answer is whether Henry seriously courted Roberto Martinez, of Wigan, before offering Dalglish’s job to Rodgers. Martinez says he was made an offer, while Fenway has always insisted Rodgers was the only man offered the job.

The TV series will be broadcast in the UK by Channel 5, with a provisional scheduling date for the first episode of September 22, six days after it first airs in the US.

A ‘sneak peek’ of one episode, temporarily available on YouTube then removed, suggested the show will not pull punches, with a clip of Rodgers giving 17-year-old Raheem Sterling a verbal dressing-down and threatening to send him home from the USA tour for having a bad attitude.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2196961/Kenny-Dalglish-Liverpool-sacking-revealed--TV--Nick-Harris.html#ixzz25IikKyg7

The latest in a catalogue of f*ck ups.

Sterling is 17 and already has 2 youts by 2 diff baby mums? isit true lol

real jamaican.

Moist kid

But kudos to the lad

Knew he had to step up his game to pay for those Huggies

His ting is peng

But lmao at the king kenny par

Yeah waste man genetics.

But props to the levs..

Shes nice and black for a change.

Pic of the sweedish lass?

Can't blame the lad tbh

The lighties wid the Liverpool accent woulda caught me out aswell.

You have a liking for phlegm then?

The irony is, the (imprisoned by the M25) people who negged me probably wouldn't know a scouse accent if their house was being robbed.

i negged you mate my last girl was from liverpool....

di accent >>>

knocked up a third chick according to last weeks football weekly podcast

/

article-2208300-15309FA7000005DC-288_634x957.jpg

winner

Got that lauren london look :Y: .....needs to start using condoms though.

LOOL this kid has drawn attention to himself with the 'Being Liverpool' showing and the baby mums twitter sh*t

dont care though hope it dont effect his football thats all

Lol @ Rodgers telling Flano to stay behind the ball and not to bomb forward in the 1st ep ahaahaha

I like Rodgers, he hotted sterling nicely lol "say steady to me again and u will be on the 1st plane home" pmsl

This 2nd episode is swag due to the way it keeps freezing

Rodgers is likeable waiting for the next episode

Pmsl at steady tho took him for any mick