Depression

Ashman

I have been thinking quite a lot about what you said, when you are depressed it can definitely feel that this is going to last forever, but every now and again I manage to be happy for no reason so that reminds me that it is not permanent, it can come and go kind of like the sunshine breaking through the clouds but then disappearing soon after. Depression can be very hard to talk to people about because some just ask what are you depressed about? But they don't understand that there doesn't need to be a reason, depression can just be there for no apparent reason, just a horrible feeling of sadness and disaster even if everything else in your life is sweet.

Sometimes it is genetic IMO, nearly all of my grandmothers side of the family have struggled with depression and addiction (prescription pills) and I am the same.

I have been thinking quite a lot about what you said, when you are depressed it can definitely feel that this is going to last forever, but every now and again I manage to be happy for no reason so that reminds me that it is not permanent, it can come and go kind of like the sunshine breaking through the clouds but then disappearing soon after. Depression can be very hard to talk to people about because some just ask what are you depressed about? But they don't understand that there doesn't need to be a reason, depression can just be there for no apparent reason, just a horrible feeling of sadness and disaster even if everything else in your life is sweet.

Sometimes it is genetic IMO, nearly all of my grandmothers side of the family have struggled with depression and addiction (prescription pills) and I am the same.

Well said for people they think there has to be a reason behind it. People kept asking me what's wrong I said nothing some days I don't want to do stuff. People find it hard to understand.

Same with drugs and drink people kept saying there is a reason for it. No there wasnt I enjoyed the buzz and drank because I enjoy the feeling of being pissed. These were not things I done everyday but when I did I would over indulge and binge.

Said it once and ill say it again

Depression is all about diet. Most roads are full of fast food places or anything high carb. Just look at the raging school kids during lunch hours. Need i say more? Doctors will probably give you a pill to deal with it because you cant be bothered to deal with your own problems so they capitalize from it. In depression the ego wins all. Its all about controlling it. Healthy diet + Body Healing is the best way to go.

If you have questions im happy to answer them

• Downvote 2

it's a chemical imbalance beavis

there is a reason

u need to sort your eating and your drug consumption and then your activity out

My diet is good, I don't eat junk food often, eat loads of fruit and veg, I am probably the most paranoid person I know when it comes to food. But yeah I need to do more exercise and get out more.