Disciplining Children

Ashman

CP why are suggesting I got beat? I never got anything more than a slap round the head

My argument isn't personal, it's statistical

You're making it personal cuz your experiences formed the person you are today

But you're deluded in thinking it doesn't have a negative effect, and that it's 'white people exaggeration'

Don't think this is one you can pin on the daemons

Everyone has their own shitty morals now and so there are conflicting views from within the parents house and the outside world

All the hard work done indoors can be undone by those stupid friends with swag parents if one isn't careful

In the olden days most people had the same values and I you violate someone somewhere would chastise you

Now it's a free for all, where everyone has their own distorted parenting model

Real Tork

& my dad was fearsome without laying a belt strap on my hide

The sound of footsteps up the stairs made my stomach drop

Psychological parenting has a much deeper effect than physical I reckon

That's cos ur a p*ssy though

I was gonna post exact same thing.

:rofl:

& my dad was fearsome without laying a belt strap on my hide

The sound of footsteps up the stairs made my stomach drop

Psychological parenting has a much deeper effect than physical I reckon

That's cos ur a p*ssy though

I was gonna post exact same thing.

:rofl:

Lol come on now. We are talking in a thread about disciplining children, and the guy clearly says he had enough respect for his dad that his dad DIDN'T have to lay a hand on him and he gets called a p*ssy

That's the respect everyone should have from their child, I can only assume his dad did something right

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Still though what you are describing is not respect. It's fear plain and simple. When you ain't paid for your train ticket and those sas transport dons Start checking tickets. That feeling isnt your deep respect for the job they're doing.

Of course, and the common denominator in both instances is that you have done something wrong and you're in trouble, and fear in that instance is the appropriate response

Same as when you got in trouble at school and you'd be afraid, or if you f*ck up at work and you are afraid

It's natural

Basically

Do you respect someone that hits you? That bullies you? That uses their physical superiority to teach you a lesson as opposed to actually getting off their arse, using their brain and ACTUALLY teaching you a lesson?

You man can call me a p*ssy and keep your f*ck*ng belt scars innit, who's really losing out

• Upvote 1

Of course, and the common denominator in both instances is that you have done something wrong and you're in trouble, and fear in that instance is the appropriate response

Same as when you got in trouble at school and you'd be afraid, or if you f*ck up at work and you are afraid

It's natural

Basically

Do you respect someone that hits you? That bullies you? That uses their physical superiority to teach you a lesson as opposed to actually getting off their arse, using their brain and ACTUALLY teaching you a lesson?

You man can call me a p*ssy and keep your f*ck*ng belt scars innit, who's really losing out

Smh but fam ur going on like say everyone is the same....or like you

can't just say oh u ain't using ur brain etc like I just said no one sane would want to do it but if ur child continues to act up and talk don't work u gotta take other measures otherwise the child will become more reckless and disobedient

It's not about wanting to hurt them it's about disaplining them

don't need to hit a child to teach them right from wrong, not at all.

i remember the beatings my mum used to give me and when i think about it now it almost seems psychotic. me as a small child does something "wrong" (when i probably didn't understand that whatever i did was a problem) and all of a sudden i'm getting slapped in the face and then getting told not to behave like a girl when i start crying. just seems so...i dunno. doesn't seem like discipline, just like my mum would lose her temper and take it out on me/my brother cos we couldn't defend ourselves

if my kid did something "wrong" i would explain why they shouldn't do that, and how it can upset other people or whatever, so that they learn not to repeat their behaviour. also the idea of calmly handing out beatings to small children to "teach them not to act reckless" is f*ck*ng insane imo

It's not about wanting to hurt them it's about disaplining them

don't need to hit a child to teach them right from wrong, not at all.

i remember the beatings my mum used to give me and when i think about it now it almost seems psychotic. me as a small child does something "wrong" (when i probably didn't understand that whatever i did was a problem) and all of a sudden i'm getting slapped in the face and then getting told not to behave like a girl when i start crying. just seems so...i dunno. doesn't seem like discipline, just like my mum would lose her temper and take it out on me/my brother cos we couldn't defend ourselves

if my kid did something "wrong" i would explain why they shouldn't do that, and how it can upset other people or whatever, so that they learn not to repeat their behaviour. also the idea of calmly handing out beatings to small children to "teach them not to act reckless" is f*ck*ng insane imo

See ur taking 'beatings' thats not what im saying tho and obviously ur mum was taking it too far so that's y u look at it like that I guess