Business Cards

Rippy

Do any of you have business cards? Did you design them yourself?

Need one for my printing business, but I don't have a set logo. The one on my website would not look professional on a card.

Would it be fine for the card to not look related to the sites theme? I need to be able to hand it out to societies/clubs at school, but also potentially hand it out in graduate fairs.

I have too many designs in my head so need a bit of help...

Design is cool & important.

But I think the information on the card and the information you give before you hand the card over is way more important. 90% of the time when man give me their card I already know if I'm ever going to contact them for anything before I even loook at it.

Obviously if your just going to be posting the card, leaving them on desks, amongst others, then I guess the design is very important as you need to stand out/make people wanna pick you over the others.

If your logo on your site isn't good enough to put on cards make a new one with print in mind, logos that work in print tend to work digitally but it's less the case vice versa.

A lot of people overlook how much of an impression a business card can make, a nice card stock can make the world of difference just because it feels different.

Advice taken on board.

I reckon I will only need under 50, so will go for a 2 sided gloss print.

I would prefer consistency, but changing the logo would be difficult. I'm looking through random business cards I have in my possession, noticing that most do correspond to the purpose and design of their website, so I'll try get some help for new logo ideas.

In the end, the information is whats most important, your card isn't going to get you a Job, you will.

If you're going to hand someone a card with multiple addresses on let them know which one you can be contacted on, but really you should be easily contactable on all forms of contact on the card

Got mine from MOO back in the day, designed myself, pretty nice, whenever I give them to someone they usually make a good impression. One thing I'd say is always only put the necessary info on there, but make sure what you do is clear. Basically take care with your copy, and make sure its on point before you commit to print.

/

I'm not sure who does my work ones they're pretty flimsy in comparison but they're super minimal.

I design business card everyday....

one tip, you could have a sweet design but if its printed on shit / finished badly it will look terrible.

I recommend a 350+ gsm matte laminate card. Look in to UV spot finishing to give it a unique & expensive look.