PLAYER POWER

Thizz

I WAS WATCHING THE BRAZIL V ARGENTINA MATCH THE OTHER NIGHT STONED OUT OF MY HEAD EATING DORITOS THINKING ABOUT THE sh*t SLEEP I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE, WHEN 1 OF THE COMMENTATORS SAID SOMETHING THAT WOKE ME THE f*ck UP.

HE SAID THAT NEYMAR IS MORE THAN LIKELY GONNA RUN HIS CONTRACT DOWN AT SANTOS SO THAT WHEN HE SIGNS FOR A NEW CLUB HE CAN ASK FOR MORE MONEY AS THEY WON'T HAVE TO SPLASH OUT £50 000 000+ TO ACQUIRE HIS SERVICES.

DO YOU THINK WE WILL SEE MORE OF THIS AS THE YEARS GO ON?

WILL A WAGE CAP EVER BE INTRODUCED?

HE ALSO SAID THAT AT HALF TIME IN THE SANTOS MATCHES NEYMAR BRINGS OUT RED BULL CANS AND OTHER SPONSERS PRODUCTS TO SHOW OFF TO THE CROWD.

WOULD WE EVER SEE THAT IN ENGLAND OR SPAIN???

A wage cap doesn't make sense and isn't really fair as it'll shut out all smaller clubs,

I.e Think back to When the sheik first took over at City, City got top players by offering over the odds, whether you agree with it or not this made them competitive,

if they weren't able to do this due to a wage cap they would probably still be waiting to end their trophy less years. As if the authorities said Aguero is only worth 120k a week and therefore nobody is allowed to pay him more than that, United Arsenal Liverpool or someone would've come in for him and City wouldn't have stood a chance of acquiring any top players as the same would happen with most of their signings.

the only way smaller clubs can compete in the transfer market is to offer more than the bigger clubs,

this is one of the things thatirks me a little with FFP, I agree in principal, but if i was a City fan i could sewe why i may be saying it was unfair and favoured United or Arsenal and was designed to put the brakes on the less fashionable clubs.

All this being said, i expect most clubs to work round FFP and i'd expect the same to happen in terms of a wage cap.