dont apply for jobs if ur name is Ade,olu, afgan, singh, panjit,wanjeer

MARVELL

To be fair applying and job hunting is an actual skill and a job in its self.

Most people including my self (for a while) just used to post sh*t out there without out attacking each position differently..

I am not denying the fact that names & race could be a selecting factor in certain selection process.

First, CV as to be on point. I cringe when I look at my old copies of CV's that I had before my sis (A recruitment consultant) tweaked it up for me.

And the results improved drastically.

2500 application sounds like bull to me..

I am seeking a new role as I type and feeling in 5 applications PROPERLY in a day is Long & a time demanding task if you do it properly.

So, there is no way you are feeling 2500 within a short space of time and if you aren't getting any responses then something is definitely wrong with your CV or your life tbh

No doubt there is favoritism and racism is many occasions, but you have to get basics right first to argue your case

This!!! Cannot empathise enough.

/

I would say 90% of jobs advertised at my company are already allocated to someone even though they go out advertising externally.

The reason?

Under HR law an employer must advertise if someone is moving into a new position or a new job is advertised, even though someone has filled that position internally. I would also say alot more companies are now recruiting internally rather than externally, even though they'll have to advertise externally.

Thats how my office does it sh*t puts up a job and as soon as the said candidate application is in we ask for HR to close the advert, Out of the 7 vacancys available since I have started only 1 has been open, Even the guy I am working now was an internal thing, man called me in the room and I was asked who I want to work with out of 3 guys in other departments I said my preference he got the job.

the english favouring the english in racism shocker

yet more money piled into useless divisive reports

21st century england hey lads, what a place

not only should we be happy to fill the lands with randomers, but we must favour them over our own to avoid the label of racism

lol at that amount of young asian lads really bein out of work, cash in handers more like

been readin the study, i notice the eastern europeans were left out of the study to centre it more around "racism"

don't most people say what nationality / ethnicity they are on applications / CVs or don't that happen anymore, just wondering why its based around names rather than ethnicity, maybe it's more damning

interesting how apparently this discrimination is less likely at the higher level occupations than lower, goes against what some fellas were sayin the other day

the report shows that ethnics best bet is the public sector, only 4% difference

if the report was put into any real context it would actually show the unbelievable amount of opportunities available for foreigners in this country, even at a time of economic turmoil and mass unemployment

should be contrasted with the results of the same report based in other countries, european 1s, asian 1s etc

or even indian / pakistani / foreign run businesses n their recruitment in the uk tbh

but nope just more guilt n anger fueling blame games

in b4 "racist"

as both of you are d*cks, go read that article again.. eastern europeans were left out cos obviously them putting boris f*cknov isnt as big a problem##the survey stated it was a problem ACROSS THE BOARD. i have seen more than enough evidence of Tokenism in recruiting of ethnic minorities at upper levels and especially for black men. That there is only one top level black MD in the top 100 city institutions is not a sign of there being 'less of an issue'. When the chairman (black man) of Time-warner came to the UK, he was thought to be the PA or bodyguard.@ afroman, yes of course........in your case, starting your cover letter with "Am an enthusiastic ,hardworking and trustworthy individual ready to take up any role you ave" cannot be blamed on racism.

as both of you are d*cks, go read that article again.. eastern europeans were left out cos obviously them putting boris f*cknov isnt as big a problem##the survey stated it was a problem ACROSS THE BOARD.

u should read the article again i think, there is no survey

i was talking about the report by the work and pensions department the stats are from - "A test for racial discrimination in recruitment practice in British cities"

the study worked by sendin out CVs, conveying the supposed ethnicities of applicants through bait names associated with a minority group n contrasted the response with CVs from standard english names

the level of detail they went to to choose the identifiable names is dumb, must have cost enough

it didn't say anything about "across the board", but chose to ignore eastern europeans altogether despite them bein a decent chunk of the minority

they did African, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese and even Carribean names but no bait polski name

• Downvote 1

look at this d*ckhead

A damning report by the Department for Work and Pensions sheds some light on the subject. It shows that people with white names are 74 per cent more likely to get called for an interview following a job application than candidates with an ethnic minority name, despite the two candidates having exactly the same qualifications. Their report, “A test for racial discrimination in recruitment practice in British cities”, involved submitting job applications from fictional white and ethnic minority applicants with equivalent qualifications for advertised vacancies across Britain in order to determine the extent of racial discrimination in the labour market.

It revealed that “a high level of racial discrimination” existed “across the board”, with ethnic minority candidates having to submit nearly twice as many job applications as white candidates to achieve the same level of success. Discrimination persisted across gender, though it was noticeably higher for males. “High numbers of candidates were denied access to a range of jobs in a range of sectors as a result of having a name associated with an ethnic minority background,” .

Shadow employment minister Stephen Timms believes that we need to level the playing field and that the Government should lead on this by imposing blind sifting for job applications in all Civil Service, governmental departments and public sector organisations.

big enough for you to read? That they want Govt departments to start to blind sift highlights that there was a problem noticed in government and public office, which almost certainly means it occurs in the private sector.

• Downvote 1

yes but as I've just explained they didn't measure the whole board

much more polish than chinese in the uk but they left em out

referred to the english names as "white" but described the imaginary ethnics by their nationality / family descent

i don't really get why your mentioning it tho tbh

you believe a fresh polish name would be chosen over an indian?

u not understand why people would choose someone english over 1 of these names?

Mariam Namagembe

Anthony Olukayode

Latoya Williams

Erroll Griffiths

Grace Wang

Cho Xiang

Sunita Kumar

Sukjunder Singh

Nazia Mahmood

Muhammed Kahlid

nah i dont

especially if ; Nazia Mahmood has the relevant experience, skills and aspiration for the role being advertised.

but deep down i dont expect it to be that way. i just know that i can pretty much get whatever i want regardless of what a daemon thinks

its just sad that its the eastender x factor loving, football worshipping, "diversity believing" coons who get the shock of their lives that they dont give a hoot about them unless they're singing or dancing but still cuddle up to them whenever they can.

but know how to 'organise' and start a riot

• Downvote 1