JIM FIXED IT

Thizz

We were victims of Jimmy Savile: As pressure grows on BBC over 'cover up', two women come forward to describe their teenage ordeals at hands of TV host

• Katrina Rose, 51, said she was attacked in Savile's flat when she was 14
  • Bebe Roberts, 62, claimed the 'sleazy' presenter sneaked into bedrooms at a girls boarding school and once assaulted her when she was 15
  • Third woman alleges she was raped at 15 during work experience stint
  • Former BBC chauffeur claimed drivers were sacked if they talked about the Jim'll Fix It presenter molesting girls
  • Saville accused of grooming girls as young as 12 by offering them sweets and tickets to attend his hit shows, including Top Of The Pops

Two women stepped forward yesterday to say they had been abused as teenagers by Sir Jimmy Savile.

As the scandal around the star deepened, Katrina Rose, 51, described how she was attacked in his flat after being invited to his radio show when she was 14.

She now regrets not speaking out when he was alive but ‘lost her nerve’ even though Savile ‘ruined her life’.

article-2211463-154CECFE000005DC-82_306x417.jpg

article-2211463-154CED1C000005DC-64_306x417.jpg

Victims: Katrina Rose, pictured left as a teenager at stage school, said she was attacked in Savile's flat aged 14 and Bebe Roberts, pictured right as a 17-year-old, who claims he sneaked into boarding school bedrooms

The second victim to bravely waive her anonymity, Bebe Roberts, 62, claimed the ‘sleazy’ Jim’ll Fix It presenter regularly sneaked into bedrooms at a girls' boarding school and once assaulted her when she was 15 and made a lewd proposition.

She said: ‘I did not know what he was like until he did that. There were girls in there who were quite terrified of him.’

A third, unnamed, woman alleged she was raped aged 15 by the star during a work experience stint at the BBC. She yesterday reported her accusation to police for the first time.

As the BBC came under mounting pressure to order an inquiry into claims his activities have been covered up, it emerged that Savile – who bragged to friends he was ‘untouchable’ – was questioned under caution by Surrey Police in 2007 over abuse in the 1970s.

However, the presenter, who died last year aged 84, was never charged.

Amid an extraordinary series of fresh revelations yesterday:

• A former BBC chauffeur claimed drivers were sacked if they talked about Savile molesting girls and the BBC even employed chaperones to prevent young girls entering Savile’s dressing room.
  • Savile’s BBC producer of 21 years said he was a ‘Pied Piper’ who regularly joked about girls of 16 being ‘legal’.
  • As a row raged inside the BBC over why a Newsnight investigation into the star was shelved, insiders said Savile’s proclivity for young girls was ‘common knowledge’.
  • Broadcaster Paul Gambaccini said he had been ‘waiting for this to come out for 30 years’.
  • It emerged Savile was a regular visitor to Haute de la Garenne, the notorious abuse-ridden Jersey children’s home.

Savile is accused of grooming girls as young as 12 by offering them sweets and tickets to attend his hit shows such as Top Of The Pops, Jim’ll Fix It and his Radio One breakfast show.

article-2211463-154CEDE7000005DC-426_306x844.jpg

Damning claims: Sir Jimmy Savile, pictured, allegedly bragged to friends he was 'untouchable'. He was questioned under caution by Surrey Police in 2007 over abuse in the 1970s

Six women have told an ITV documentary, to be broadcast tomorrow night, they were sexually abused by Savile in his Rolls-Royce, at BBC Television Centre, at a hospital and at the now-closed Duncroft school for ‘intelligent, emotionally disturbed girls’ in Surrey.

Yesterday three more women came forward to say they too were victims.

One told the Mail she was raped by Savile when she did work experience at BBC Broadcasting House when she was 15 in 1986.

She said: ‘I didn’t tell anyone at the time. I only told my husband after Savile died. Everyone thought he was a saint but he was a sexual predator.

‘On the day it happened I had been working in the canteen. He came in and was talking to me. He told me I was very pretty and that he would like to buy me a cup of tea after work. I was flattered and excited. He picked me up in his Rolls and we went to his flat nearby. He went into another room soon after we got there and came out in just his underpants.

‘Then he raped me. He didn’t say anything during or afterwards. I just left and went home.’

The woman has since made a statement to Surrey Police. Child abuse campaigners have demanded to know who knew what about the Savile claims during his decades at the BBC.

Yesterday a former BBC chauffeur made damaging allegations about how the scandal was hushed up. He said he had once driven home a ‘hysterical’ 12-year-old girl who claimed she had been sexually assaulted by Savile after appearing on Jim’ll Fix It.

The girl ‘sobbed her heart out all the way home’ after she was allegedly abused by the presenter after the show during the mid-1970s. When she reached her front door, she collapsed into her mother’s arms in tears, telling her: ‘I’m sorry. It wasn’t my fault. Jimmy grabbed me. He attacked me.’

The driver, who worked as a chauffeur for the BBC for 16 years, said staff members had previously been fired for talking about Savile’s reputation, and he feared he would lose his job if he reported it.

He said the show’s chiefs ‘knew very well’ that he had a reputation for sexually assaulting young contestants, and had even begun to employ chaperones to make sure girls could not be lured into his dressing room.

One Jim’ll Fix It producer Roger Ordish described children following Savile around during filming as if he was a ‘Pied Piper’.

article-2211463-154CF03F000005DC-742_634x271.jpg

He added: ‘He [savile] spotted a woman and her daughter leaning out of the windows to have a look and he said:“Ello Missus, what’s your name, and what’s your daughter’s name?”

‘Then he said: “And how old is she?” and the answer was “16” and he said: “Legal! Legal!” And we cut that out of course, but I thought that was just Jim making a joke.’

Mr Ordish, 74, insisted he never witnessed any abuse and if he had, he vows he would have ‘done something about it’.

Children’s campaigners last night said there should be a ‘serious and thorough’ investigation. Peter Saunders, of the National Association for People Abused in Childhood, said: ‘It is important that we establish why and how nobody did anything about these allegations, to make sure it can never happen again.’

The BBC has said it has found no evidence of any misconduct by Savile. However, it added: ‘These are serious and disturbing new allegations about which we understand the police have been informed. We will, of course, assist the police in every way we can.’

Savile’s hands were fumbling about ... I just froze with fear

By cLAIRE ELLICOT

A former stage school pupil and child actress claims Sir Jimmy Savile sexually abused her at his Belgravia flat when she was just 14.

Katrina Rose, now a 51-year-old grandmother of two, said the presenter attacked her and tried to rape her after inviting her to watch him record his BBC radio show.

Last night, she waived her anonymity to speak out, telling the Daily Mail the episode had ‘ruined’ her life and that she regretted not coming forward while Savile was still alive and could have faced charges.

article-2211463-154CED3A000005DC-740_306x422.jpg

Trauma: Katrina Rose, left as a teenager and right today, said the presenter attacked her and tried to rape her after inviting her to watch him record his BBC radio show

Miss Rose met the radio presenter in 1975 through her mother, who as a local newspaper journalist had covered Savile’s visits to Broadmoor.

Savile initially asked her parents if their daughter would like to watch Top Of The Pops being filmed.

Her mother and father, a company director, gave their permission for her to go, and she took a friend along with her.

Nothing happened on that visit, but Savile then asked her parents if she would like to watch him record a radio show at a BBC studio in London. This time, he also asked that she come alone.

Miss Rose, from Hampton, South-West London, said: ‘When he invited me to watch him record the show, I jumped at the chance as I went to stage school and wanted to be an actress.

‘He asked that I come alone because he could only do tours for “special people”, so my parents gave me permission to get the train from Surrey where we lived.

‘I walked with him from his flat in Belgravia to the BBC studios and he wore a balaclava as he said he would be mobbed by fans without it. I wasn’t worried as he was a family friend and my mother trusted him.

‘I sat with him while he recorded the show and felt really special. Afterwards, he said he’d call me a taxi home and invited me up to his flat for a cup of tea while I waited.

‘I was sitting on a chair and he came in with the tea and sat on the sofa. He asked he if I’d had a good day.

‘I said I had and thanked him and he said: “Come here and give me a hug then.”

‘I was used to kissing and hugging relatives and family friends and he was my mother’s friend, so I thought nothing of it. So I went and hugged him.’

She said Savile then touched her inappropriately. ‘The next thing I knew, he was fumbling about, and his tongue was down my throat. I was horrified.

‘I just froze. I was paralysed with fear. I still wonder to this day why I didn’t scream, but I’ve since read that victims of sexual offences often react in the same way I did. He eventually leaned back and asked if I was enjoying it. I said “No” and he stopped.

‘I have no doubt that he wanted to have sex with me and I was frightened.’

Miss Rose, who used to own her own recruitment firm before taking early retirement due to illness, added: ‘I went home to my mother and told her what had happened, but I’m not sure she understood how serious it was.

'Just hearing his name made me sick and if anyone ever lights a cigar, to this day I feel like I want to throw up. I still remember his disgusting cigar breath and I have hated the smell ever since'

‘I didn’t tell my father after her reaction. There was never any question of me going to the police at the time.

‘The word paedophile wasn’t even used then and people just called them dirty old men.

‘I think it’s only now that attitudes have changed and that other victims have come forward that I can talk about it.’

The former child actress, who is divorced and has two sons, added: ‘I think the only reason he stopped when I told him to was because he was worried about my mother and father knowing.

‘It sounds like a lot of his victims didn’t have that support network and so didn’t have anyone to turn to when he abused them.

‘He later asked a contact of his at Broadmoor to apologise to me through my mother, though didn’t say what he was apologising for.’

She said that she had never been able to trust men following the attack and had been to see counsellors as a result.

‘It has had a terrible effect on my life and I have been unable to form stable relationships ever since.

Being taken advantage of like that destroys your self-esteem,’ she said.

‘He was such a big public figure and people knew him as a saint. Just hearing his name made me sick and if anyone ever lights a cigar, to this day I feel like I want to throw up.

‘I still remember his disgusting cigar breath and I have hated the smell ever since.’

She added: ‘I was too young to understand what he did to me and it is only years later that I have felt able to talk about what happened.

‘I considered coming forward so many times because I knew there would be so many other girls. It tortures me that I was not brave enough to.

‘I tried to come forward ten years ago, but I lost my nerve. My only regret now is that I didn’t do it while he was alive and could be charged.’

He’d always turn up as we were getting ready for bed

By JAYA NARAIN

A boarding school pupil has accused Savile of molesting her outside her dormitory when she was 15.

Savile would regularly visit Duncroft Approved School in Surrey after receiving invitations from its headmistress.

The idea was that the TV and radio personality would raise the profile of the school, which accommodated girls with behavioural difficulties.

But former pupil Bebe Roberts said Savile would deliberately visit dormitories as the girls changed for bed.

Now 62, Mrs Roberts waived her anonymity to speak out about the ‘sleazy’ star who molested her as she walked outside her dormitory.

article-2211463-154CEEAF000005DC-131_306x423.jpg

Speaking out: Bebe Roberts, pictured left at 17 and right today, said Savile would deliberately visit dormitories at Duncroft Approved School in Surrey as the girls changed for bed

She revealed she was too scared to report him to staff at the school, which has since closed, as she feared no-one would believe her.

She said: ‘I was in the corridor outside our dorm, which was called Wedgewood, when he came up at the back of me and put his arm around my back and onto my breast.

‘The touching was outside the clothing but he knew what he was doing.’

She said Savile then made a lewd remark to her, adding: ‘I did not know what he was like until he did that.

‘I suppose we were a little bit star struck. After that I just kept away from him.’

Mrs Roberts, now a mother of four daughters, said Savile attacked her in 1965 when he was already a well-known radio DJ.

‘He was a nasty man – I think nowadays he would be classed as a paedophile,’ she added.

‘If you were walking down the corridor he would come up close and touch you inappropriately.

‘He definitely liked young girls. I feel quite bad about saying this because they say you should not speak ill of the dead.

‘But the things he did and said were definitely inappropriate. There were girls in there who were quite terrified of him.’

She went on: ‘I think Savile stayed with the headmistress but he never used the private staircase to get her apartment - he always went past the girls’ dormitories.

‘It happened to me just the once. He had the habit of coming upstairs to the bedrooms – he never knocked, he just walked straight in.

‘We were only allowed to go to the bedrooms at certain times so it was pretty obvious we were either getting ready for bed or getting up. He always came when we were getting ready for bed. There was not a single girl who wanted to be alone in a bedroom with Jimmy Savile. He would always be making sleazy remarks.’

Mrs Roberts, of Malpas, Cheshire, added: ‘If anyone had done such things to my daughters, I would have gone to the police.

‘But if you told a member of staff at the school, they would not have believed you. You were already considered a bad girl. When I learned he had died, I did not really care. He was not someone I had any admiration for.

‘I don’t think I would have said this if he had had any children because it would be horrible to know that your father was basically a paedophile.

‘There were plenty of places in the gardens and the grounds where he could have taken girls – but I cannot say that he ever did.’

i read about this months back just after he died

said he was jus about to be outed but then he died so the story will be pushed back

showed pictures of him apparently visiting this orphanage on the isle of something back in the day that was notorious for child abuse

They probably want some sort of compensation. Bet it was just some sort of innocent groap or fondle, Police could not find nothing before. Now he is dead all these vultures are circling. Might aswell Dig up his corpse and bury under a prison for 30 years. R.I.P Sir Jimmy, you are still my hero, funny how all his stuff was auctioned these people come out of the woodwork like his fake daughter. Some of these women are absolute mngers sir Jimmy would never go near them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i hear if theyre scared

but your guaranteed anonymity so no one would ever know

pretty sure they wouldnt have to face him if they dont want either

but whats changed now? if you were scared then you should be scared now

Back then them tings were kinda the norm, if you got felt up you said nothing.

Nowadays we have childline, save the children, nspcc etc...

Children have a voice now and these adults are getting it in for the lost time.

• Upvote 1