Mariah: "I'm scared of Minaj"

Da Luv Doc

Mariah Carey 'claims Nicki Minaj threatened violence', Minaj responds

Published Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 18:57 BST | By Justin Harp |41 comments

Tweet10

emaillogo.png

Mariah Carey has reportedly insisted that fellow American Idol judge Nicki Minaj did in fact threaten to shoot her, despite Minaj's denial.

Minaj was filmed shouting at the 'We Belong Together' star after a contestant's audition on Tuesday (October 2), prompting production to shut down for the day.

reality_new_american_idol_judges_first_picture.jpg

© Fox / Michael Becker

Sources also claimed that Minaj threatened to "shoot" Carey at the height of the altercation, butIdol producer Nigel Lythgoe denied those accusations.

Carey appeared to contradict Lythgoe's statement while speaking to Barbara Walters of The View, when she apparently claimed that multiple people on the American Idol set heard Minaj say: "If I had a gun, I would shoot the bitch."

Walters quoted the 'We Belong Together' singer as saying that she has hired extra security forAmerican Idol's auditions because she "doesn't feel comfortable emotionally".

Carey and Minaj allegedly held a meeting prior to Wednesday's auditions which ended with Minaj telling Carey that she "loves [her] but [they] might fight again", according to Walters.

Minaj posted her own statement on the matter on her official Twitter page on Thursday (October 4), in which she denied ever threatening violence.

"Hey yAll. Lets just say nicki said smthn about a gun. ppl will believe it cuz she's a black rapper. Lmao. I'll then hit up Barbara n milk it," Minaj wrote.

Minaj also tweeted: "Ironically no camera or mic heard the gun comment tho. Lol @ the struggle. Not even the producers believed u. Say no to violence barbz."

Their fellow American Idol judge Keith Urban joked at a New York event last night that he "was the UN" during the altercation. Urban also insisted that incident has not ruined his experience onAmerican Idol.

American Idol returns to Fox in January 2013.

> Nick Cannon responds to Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj Idol spat

Watch Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey's American Idol altercation below:

• Downvote 2

Rained a lot today

lol

Ones pretty much an industry hoe the other one makes the worst type of music imaginable and dresses like shes a skittle

lol

/

they are both sh*t mariah fell off many years ago, her voice doesnt even sound good anymore