Racism In Football

Admin.

There is no racism in England....

The Football Association is investigating claims by Marvin Sordell that Bolton players were racially abused during their loss to Millwall.

Sordell, 21, said on Twitter that derogatory remarks were made to him and team-mates Lee Chung-Yong, Darren Pratley and Benik Afobe at The Den.

"Chungy, Pratts, Benik and I had all sorts of things said to us," the England under-21 international tweeted.

The two clubs are also investigating the striker's remarks.

"Millwall and Bolton Wanderers are investigating allegations made by Bolton player Marvin Sordell that he was subjected to racial abuse by an individual while warming up as a substitute during Saturday's Championship clash at The Den," a Millwall spokesman said. "At this stage, we are trying to find any corroborative evidence we could use to take the allegations forward."

A Bolton spokesman added: "We are now working with Millwall to investigate and the club have informed us that they will speak to the police and match officials.

"Both clubs remain determined that racist behaviour or language will not be tolerated."

An FA spokesman stated: "The Football Association will be investigating the claims."

Sordell also wrote on the social networking site: "Putting the match aside, it's 2012 in England and people are still shouting racial abuse at a football game?"

The former Watford striker, who was part of the Great Britain football squad at London 2012, was an unused substitute as Darius Henderson's 90th-minute winner condemned Bolton to a fourth away defeat of the season.

The Metropolitan Police said any allegations of racist behaviour or racist chanting would be investigated thoroughly.

But it added: "No complaint has been made to police and we are not aware of any complaint to Millwall or to match officials during or after the game."

• Downvote 1

Millwall lol

what do you expect

excuses like this

after you name me all the ones in russia, italy and eastern europe where complaints were made.

safe.

after you name me all the ones in russia, italy and eastern europe where complaints were made.

safe.

I've still yet to see a club in England in the 21st century that can't have a black player play for them due to the fear of backlash from their own fans.

Nobody has ever said Racism is dead in football by the way, you're the one trying to make out like our problems are just as bad as some of our European friends.

I think it's probably been more of a case that the incidents last season have left players feeling more comfortable about coming forward,

Many players came out during the saga's last season that they had received racial abuse but just never reported it.

Of course racist people attend football matches, (at the majority of grounds) and it would be silly to suggest that they never air their views.

However the country has made a lot of progress and does put other countries to shame, you'll always get the idiots that'll slip through the net but large scale incidents are very rare.

Work in progress......

• Upvote 1

From John Terry can do it and only get a 4 game ban in comparison to Suarez, let these things keep happening.

FA are a JOKE. Terry should have been made the biggest example of. Chelsea and England captain. Joey Barton was right, Joey might as well have just said some racist sh*t to them and got 8 games less.

This is a problem because people will naturally and fairly link the severity of the punishment to the seriousness of the crime.

Maybe it's down to the people at the FA failing to understand properly the severity of racism and that a lot of people would prefer a slap in the face or a Joey Barton Kick to the calf than racial abuse.

Is what it is.

safe.

I've still yet to see a club in England in the 21st century that can't have a black player play for them due to the fear of backlash from their own fans.

Nobody has ever said Racism is dead in football by the way, you're the one trying to make out like our problems are just as bad as some of our European friends.

The problem is worse...

how can a club in LONDON have fans going to the game abusing players....players that repped GB in the olympics

London not St.Petersberg

/

The problem is hidden and a lot deeper here

• Upvote 1

It's always been here. It's jokes how you here people say stuff like it only happens in the lower leagues or up north. I've heard it in the stands at Chelsea and other big clubs that have a lot of black players. The only defence I can condone is that most football fans are scummy. They aren't racist theyre just prepared to say absolutely anything that will provoke a reaction. Whether its your mums dead, your fat or you're a black c*nt. They all roll off the tongue same way to these guys.

He should play for who he would be most appreciated, respected and where he will not be looked down on due to his colour if anything bad happens.

Jamaicans will accept any jamaican decent footballer as their own.

Being called pussyclart >>>>>> being called black c*nt/black bastard/nigger etc etc.

• Downvote 1

So was no farah right to choose Britain over Somalia ?

Or should of amir khan chose Pakistan ?

The guy should choose England its the motherland and he is more likely to get success Plus they pay more than jamacia.

No he shouldn't . Hes no more likely to win anything with england than he will with jamaica and also international wages in england go to charity