Is diving the cancer of the game?

Kompressor

Also, I know it should, but divings never really bothered me that much. I don't really know why, but I rarely get riled by it. Probably because I'd do exactly the same and I love it when our players do it.

Bale did a laughable one v us on the weekend, he just looked a prat. It was never going to be giving in a million years.

Suarez is the worst for it, doesn't rate his team mates enough so looks for the dive before the pass and he's not a very good diver. Plus he's a c*nt.

Suarez is the devil incarnate #BlameSuarez

/

How a player that has had some absolute stone wall pens turned down this year is worse than players that are winning laughable penalties repeatedly is beyond me.

If Suarez hadn't dived this weekend and Bale was on his own I am 99% certain this debate wouldn't be going on right now, if I was Luis I would be looking to f*ck off asap. Imagine some big dopey ogre stands on your chest barefaced and people are more interested in you falling over.

:lol:@thinking Suarez is the only who is bad at it

Gerrard

Rooney

Young

Lampard

Difference is suarez will dive like that like twice or three times a match . Where as the rest will do it couple times a year . Doesn't make it right of course but they are nowhere near as bad as that buck tooth c*nt

Behave

:/

Bruv anyone who thinks young,rooney,gerrard etc are anywhere near the same level as suarez is an idiot . Its not even up for debate

• Downvote 1

Annoying yes but would hardly call it a cancer . Nowhere near as bad as parking the bus for about 4 games like chelsea did to win the champions league . Made a mockery out of the beautiful game . Far worse than diving imo

What I hate about statements about teams that park the bus is the fact that so many teams have tried it and failed against the likes of Barcelona. They will 99 times out of 100 find a way past your stubborn defence, so when a team does succeed with it, surely we should be congratulating them for it? Yes? No?

Doesn't matter . Football is a form of entertainment . I expect to see some entertainment not to be put to sleep .

They were the luckiest and most boring team ever to win the champions league and it was NOT good to watch .

No we shouldn't be congratulating them whatsoever

They showed no intrest of trying to win the game instead they played not to lose that is one of my biggest pet hates about football.

It's a good thing this only happens once every now and again because it would be painful if this kept on happening.

So I beg you tell me how say a Charlton Athletic might go about trying to beat Barcelona, without embarrassing themselves and conceding in double figures.

Edit: Stack can answer this too

Suarez is a c*nt IMO but the way he gets painted as the main scapegoat is wrong.

@Branning

You must not watch enough games for not to see that the likes of Young/Gerrard/Rooney do it frequently

/

Do Charlton have the type of players Chelsea had ?

Plus they done the same against Benfica and Bayern

So your point is truly irrelevant

1ofthosedays.gif

/

Diving isnt that bad too many players do it. what they need to do in this league is protect players ffs certain challenges cant be unseen by thugs like stoke,sunderland etc. huth,cattermole,whitehead etc do some absolute murder in games and get away with it.

of course the TALENTED foreign player is going to dive when he is getting karate chopped in matches aka norwich away

the fa is a joke

Suarez is a c*nt IMO but the way he gets painted as the main scapegoat is wrong.

@Branning

You must not watch enough games for not to see that the likes of Young/Gerrard/Rooney do it frequently

/

Do Charlton have the type of players Chelsea had ?

Plus they done the same against Benfica and Bayern

So your point is truly irrelevant

Looks like you clearly missed my point.

Point is the dumbest thing you can do is try to beat me at what I'm best at by doing the same thing. On top of that Chelsea were trying to contend as one of the oldest teams in the competition so they had to take that into consideration. Running head first into a scoring battle against barcelona is literally the most stupid thing you can do. Many have tried, most have failed.

Like I said Chelsea got lucky

Barca should of been out of sight in London but poor finishing let them down

Chelsea brought a bus somehow Barca still entered it on through the front/back/fire exit as well.

At the Nou Camp if Messi never bottled it then the bus would of broke down

I rather lose playing beautiful football than win playing sh*t on stick football.

Like I said Chelsea had their luck which finally ran out in The Super Cup

Gerrard

Rooney

Young

Lampard

Difference is suarez will dive like that like twice or three times a match . Where as the rest will do it couple times a year . Doesn't make it right of course but they are nowhere near as bad as that buck tooth c*nt

Behave

Bruv anyone who thinks young,rooney,gerrard etc are anywhere near the same level as suarez is an idiot . Its not even up for debate

Now apart from what's going on on screen I want you to pay attention to how the commentators describe what's going on right in front of your eyes, they always do their best to try and justify why Rooney has gone down even when it's indefensible. With Suarez it's the exact opposite, if he goes down the commentators are always quick to point out 'his reputation' no matter how cynical the challenge.

I remember our last star striker got 'a reputation' for diving and funnily enough the same man was the first to point it out which resulted in him getting kicked from pillar to post with little or no protection from the refs for the following months.

Gerrard

Rooney

Young

Lampard

Behave

Now apart from what's going on on screen I want you to pay attention to how the commentators describe what's going on right in front of your eyes, they always do their best to try and justify why Rooney has gone down even when it's indefensible. With Suarez it's the exact opposite, if he goes down the commentators are always quick to point out 'his reputation' no matter how cynical the challenge.

I remember our last star striker got 'a reputation' for diving and funnily enough the same man was the first to point it out which resulted in him getting kicked from pillar to post with little or no protection from the refs for the following months.

hmm you have a point . The thing is though that video showed games that were like 8 years old . Suarez has probably been in the league for two seasons and imo has already dived more than rooney has so my point stands . Suarez is the worst out of a bad bunch .

• Downvote 2

Like I said Chelsea got lucky

Barca should of been out of sight in London but poor finishing let them down

Chelsea brought a bus somehow Barca still entered it on through the front/back/fire exit as well.

At the Nou Camp if Messi never bottled it then the bus would of broke down

I rather lose playing beautiful football than win playing sh*t on stick football.

Like I said Chelsea had their luck which finally ran out in The Super Cup

• Upvote 1

You can go toe to toe with Barca

But you have to be clinical that's why Valdes is so criminally under rated

Barca have won 3/6 of the last Champions League

While Chelsea have won 1/6 of the last Champions League

My point is beautiful football will always beat sh*t on stick football that's why I am prepared to lose than sacrfice my principles/philosophy because I know sh*t on stick will always have one day while I will have 99 days

You can go toe to toe with Barca

But you have to be clinical that's why Valdes is so criminally under rated

Barca have won 3/6 of the last Champions League

While Chelsea have won 1/6 of the last Champions League

My point is beautiful football will always beat sh*t on stick football that's why I am prepared to lose than sacrfice my principles/philosophy because I know sh*t on stick will always have one day while I will have 99 days

It is fun not being from the Netherlands though :/