Tyson Fury responds to David price call out (hilarious)

Fighting Weight

David Price laughed off a bizarre television outburst from domestic rival Tyson Fury in the aftermath of his one-round demolition of Audley Harrison.

Attending James DeGale's successful European super-middleweight title defence against France's Hadillah Mohoumadi in Kent, Fury lambasted Harrison, Price's promoter Frank Maloney and Price himself - who he then bizarrely suggested had a "gay lover" in Liverpool's British light-heavyweight champion Tony Bellew.

"He's round the bend," he told Press Association Sport. "I don't know what to make of that."

British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion Price made sure the first ever professional meeting between two British Olympians was short and brutal.

Harrison, surely now at the end of an underwhelming 12-year stint in the paid ranks following his march to gold in Sydney, was knocked out after 82 seconds as fans in Price's home town of Liverpool were treated to a clinical display of fearsome power punching. The Beijing bronze medallist drew rich praise from all quarters, with Fury the only notable exception.

In the early hours of Sunday morning, Fury posted a video on his Twitter page where he repeated the bizarre claim and the improbable prospect of taking on Price and Bellew at the same time, telling the former: "I'm going to put you in intensive care."

"He cannot handle other people getting praise and credit and that's why he spat his dummy out on TV and made an absolute fool of himself by the sound of it," Price said.

Saturday night's victory was Price's first defence of the British and Commonwealth belts he won over four rounds against Sam Sexton in May at Aintree. Those titles were only available because Fury chose to vacate them when a clash between himself and then mandatory challenger Price was set to go to purse bids in February.

A clash with seasoned veteran Matt Skelton on December 8 is next on the agenda for Price, but with the clamour for a Fury showdown set to increase the 29-year-old has little doubt what the outcome would be in a fight against his fellow unbeaten prospect.

"The man's brilliant for me because, you know what, he's going to make me a lot of money," he said. "And it's not going to be a difficult job taking his head off his shoulders because I will knock him out like I knocked Audley Harrison out."

Guys going nuts on twitter

Tyson Fury@Tyson_Fury

@DavidPrice_1 u gonna need a year off u prick when I'm finished with u and a face transplant! I can't wait for u boy! Your getting it!!!!!!!

Tyson Fury@Tyson_Fury

@dellboychisora oi I'm in Belgium come over and il accommodate u in an all u can eat match winner takes all there's the challenge come on

Tyson Fury@Tyson_Fury

When price and I fight his trainer and promoter have to fight to! Peter fury & and Mick Hennessy! You can all have it pussies

Tyson Fury@Tyson_Fury

That mug price would not land a blow on me before I ko him! Every punch he can land ill give him 5k and ill wright it in contract!

Tyson Fury@Tyson_Fury

@mrdavidhaye @Davidprice1 u pair r a joke a lot alike both big hitters both no hart both chinless and both as bent as a nine bobnote!Bringit

Tyson Fury@Tyson_Fury

@mrdavidhaye @davidprice_1 David gay is a price shagger along with tony bell end! Maybe they can all get together for a gay orgy!

He's doing exactly what he's aiming to do, the fact that his comments found it's way onto talksport's sports bulletins yesterday is free marketing/advertising for the fight,

He has to do most of the running and ground work as i'd imagine Price has a better standing right now,

Price's fans biting on Twitter is just encouraging Fury more, as butts in seats = cash in your pocket, whether they're booing your or not.

Guest Chelsea Jack

Tyson Fury apologises for homophobic tweets sent to David Price

• Fury lays blame on young cousins for homophobic slur

• 24-year-old also apologises for separate abusive messages

The British heavyweight Tyson Fury has apologised for making abusive comments about the British and Commonwealth champion David Price – and for a tweet posted on his timeline which said "dont like gays shoul all b shot dead".

Fury is already facing possible action from the British Boxing Board of Control after posting a video on Twitter which said: "David Price, I'm going to put you in intensive care, that's for sure mate. And you know your gay lover Tony Bellew? He's got to fight me in between the rounds as well. I want the two of you, you pair of tossers."

But Fury, who also called Price a "shithouse scouse prick" on Twitter this week, insists that a homophobic tweet which suggested all gay people should be shot was not posted by him.

"I was out of order for calling people names and the outbursts I've done, and I'd like to apologise for that," he said. "But the tweet was nothing to do with me.

"As you know, I get a lot of abuse on Twitter," he told the Guardian. "And while I'm abroad on training camp I train three times a day often for two hours a time, and I haven't got time to respond to all the people that ask questions. So I give my phone to my cousins at the camp. They're only young lads and they give abuse back. Today I've come back and they were laughing about calling some people some names and whatever.

"When I found out what they had done I was furious. I said: 'Listen, it's not a funny subject this. You shouldn't get involved in people's sexuality.' And I've got the phone back off them instantly and explained to my followers that those comments weren't mine.

"I've got friends of my own who are gay and it's the 21st century so who cares who is gay and who ain't?" he added. "People who know me will tell you I've had many a good night out with a few gay people I know. Whatever they are it's none of my business and it's got nothing to do with boxing."

Fury said he wished the Puerto Rican boxer Orlando Cruz, who recently came out as gay, all the best in his world title eliminator on Friday, adding: "Give him my number and we'll go for a beer."

The unbeaten 24-year-old also admitted that he was upset by the constant abuse he has received on Twitter. "I get a lot of stuff calling me a Gypsy or my wife is an inbred pikey, or that I mess around with my sister. It's terrible. Right now it seems to be there's a story about me every day but I want to make headlines for the right reasons.

"I am boxing again on December against a top-10 WBC-ranked opponent and I'll be announcing my opponent shortly."

Meanwhile the Stonewall director of public affairs, Ruth Hunt, has urged sports stars and governing bodies to do more to tackle homophobia and to make gay people welcome in sport.

She said: "Orlando Cruz, in his own words, now feels able to be true to himself. He acknowledges this will make him a happier man and a better boxer. Unfortunately, anti-gay abuse of the kind we saw on Tyson Fury's Twitter feed is far too common across a number of sports, meaning many gay people will be put off following Orlando's example.

"Governing bodies have to accept that people perform best when they can be themselves. There should be no room for homophobia in any sport."

sxl,;sx

s

sx

scclcs[;cd;

[cd

cd

cd

dc[;

MAN ACTUALLY DREW THE I HAVE GAY/BLACK/ASIAN MATES CARD HAHAHAHA

AND BLAMED HIS COUSINS.. COOL STORY BRO