The Rise of Carl Jenkinson

TF S4DK

gun__1348487938_jenkinson_mancity.jpg

Jenkinson trains with England at Colney

Carl Jenkinson took part in his first senior England training session on Sunday.

The Arsenal defender has been tipped for a call-up to Roy Hodgson's squad - perhaps for next month's friendly against Sweden in Gothenburg - and he was given a taste of what to expect at London Colney.

Jenkinson was drafted into the England squad for the day but will not travel to Warsaw for Tuesday's World Cup qualifier against Poland.

Speaking ahead of the international break, Hodgson said: "On this occasion, we decided to... keep Jenkinson up our sleeves, but he'll be very much in our thoughts when it comes to the next friendly match.

"After speaking to Arsène [Wenger] I am also conscious that his rise has been meteoric. He's only 20 and it's nice to temper things a little bit, but he wouldn't be out of place in the squad."

the person who scouted jenkinson must be fired immediately

Jenkinson is sh*t.

Jenkinson for Sagna

Argh sh*t!

Please not Jenkinson

O lard

Calamity carl is about to come on

God help us

Carl Jenkinson, :lol:

Oh dear...

Jenkinson seems like a ed card waiting to happen. Everytime he is on.

Jenkinson for 3 months....

cam-a.gif

Jenkinson at RB for 3+ months?

That is so f*cked.

His run looks so uncomfortable as well, suited for a long jumper.

Coquelin right back?

I'd rather that. F*ck Jenkinson. Dude will get stripped by decent wingers time and time again and collect cards like it's pokemon.

Coquelin >>>>>>>>>>> Jenkinson x100 as a footballer.

f*ck Jenkinson.

lolol

>>>Jenkinson

Jenkinson... Wow.

3 months of him...

:lol:

Wenger your gonna give me grey hair.

Jenkinson such a liability LOL thinks he's a one man team.

Mertesaker and jenkinson are so sh*t

I cringe every time the subject of 'Jenkinson' comes up. The guy is awful, stop beating around the f*ck*ng bush.

Bringing on Jenkinson to keep a lead?

PMMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLL

Wenger is the master of his own destruction.

Jenkinson?! :rofl:

Carl jenkinson lol

Hmmm, Jenkinson,

Wenger- the gift that just keeps giving, or?

Jenkinson? Seriously?

jenkinson<<<<<

not even a minute in

Jenkinson is "honest", however honest is never a word that you use to describe a good footballer.

Carl "The Galloping Calamity" Jenkinson

Showing the crowd how to pass to the opposition with your heel.

Arsenal >> :lol:

Allow any first team where Jenkinson is an option, f*ck sake.

Lets not get it twisted.

Wenger needs to buy a right-back.

Jenkinson tried to give me grey hair.

I want Van Der Wiel. Cannot have Jenkinson as a back up.

8m...

Wenger please don't subject us to Jenkinson.

Your acting like I think Jenkinson has a career here long or short. Sorry your acting like I think Jenkinson should have a career here...

If Jenkinson is a pro, then so am I. Terrible signing.

Up there with Ali Dia.

we are one player away from jenkinson

RB please

man is forgetting jenkinson. is starting the season

Lol.

Pos.

Like someone said you have to remember you have Carl f*ck*ng Jenkinson at RB

gervinho ft. jenkinson - sh*t right hand side

Jenkinson is terrible

This Jenkinson lad, taking the prem for power league

Jenkinson is shocking technically. And some of his decisions are poor.

Well if Jenkinson can keep that level up we'll all enjoy our humble pie. Good performance from him today!

Jenkinson did exceptionally well

As for Jenkinson, yes there might be a player in there

Carl "solid as a rock but needs to sto with them sh*t cross field passes" Jenkinson

even jenkinson = next cafu

Jenkinson>>>

JENKZZZZ

you know what, jenkinson has leveled up BIG BIG TIME respects

I'm completely baffled a what I saw today.

8x4efr-jpg.gif

He was a completely different fooballer; didn't panic on the ball, showed flair and neat dribbling skills to get past his man tight situations. I'll gladly eat my words if this is a sign of things to come.

Started the game shaky, but improved greatly.

Infact after the first 10 mins I dont think I said a cuss word at Jenkinson all game, we defo need to keep hi away from anti-doping, clearly on something.

Jenkinson >>>>>>>>>>

:rofl:

Fack off jenkz

Is that you yeah??

Where is Jenkinson getting this tek from.

jenkinson>glen johnson

How is Jenkinson regularly being our best player. It's all f*cked.

Positives from the game Jenkinson & Gibbs...they're impressing me more and more each game but I won't get carried away.

Glen Johnson is suspended for the San Marino game.

Surprised there's no Jenkinson.

Also, England are dumb not to call Jenkinson up and give him minutes v San Marino to tie him down.

Even I'm changing my mind over Jenkinson. I'd even go as far as saying right now our full backs are most impressive after Cazorla...

Currently Jenkinson (over the last 4 games) has been Arsenal best player.

Now that might seem like nothing to some of you but bar in mind this is a player I was convinced by the end of September I would dislike with the same passion as I do Almunia & Denilson.

His improvement over the past year is mad. Deserves alot of credit, has definitely put the work in.

The Football Association had to abandon a last-minute call-up for Arsenal full-back Carl Jenkinson yesterday for tomorrow's World Cup qualifier in Poland when they realised the former Finland Under-21 needed three weeks' international clearance from Fifa.

Hodgson was about to bring Jenkinson into the squad for the flight to Warsaw today but was told he was not yet eligible. His mother, Hayde, is Finnish but Hodgson will announce today that he has committed his international future to England.

• 4 weeks later...

It is fast becoming the most memorable week in Arsenal full-back Carl Jenkinson's short career after his England call-up was followed by a new five-year deal with the Gunners.

The new deal - which will keep the lifelong Arsenal fan at the Emirates until 2018 - is worth £32,000-a-week.

The news comes as the former Charlton defender waits on FIFA approval for him to join up with Three Lions squad.

article-2231651-15D03C70000005DC-407_468x346.jpg

Gunner stunner: Jenkinson has been handed with a five-year deal

Jenkinson is being made to wait after turning out for Finland Under 19s but is expected to be given the green light to face Sweden on Wednesday.

And Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been sufficiently impressed with him during his 12 appearances - deputising for Bacary Sagna - this season, to offer him a new and greatly improved deal.

probably the last deal he will sign before exiting 2.5 years down the line

Wouldn't surprise if sag is gone end of the season

Gibbs and Szczesny will sign new deals with payrises, Santos & Mannone have made sure of that... Altho I'm pretty sure Gibbs got a new deal on the low after Clichy was sold.

Arsenal will be offer Sagna a small increase on wages and probably a 2 year extension, while knowing other clubs are prepared to give him a bigger increase on both salary and contract length. So it will become a matter of how much Sagna loves living in London and playing for Arsenal...

Other players have been signed up in their final year but its mainy been youngers. Bergkamp use to pretty much be the end of every season for his renewal. It's rare, but thats the point however that, first team players shouldn't be getting to that stage anyway.