The Rise of Carl Jenkinson

TF S4DK

Don't know why we would need another CB 

Merts performances have drastically improved since the backline has become more settled and Gabriel has looked good in every appearance so far, fully expect him to take Merts spot next season with Merts and Chambers 3rd and 4th choice CB's respectivley.

I want a DM and a GK

another winger if theo goes

I don't argue that he's better at CB.

This is about Jenkinson, Jenkinson returns to be the 4th choice RB.

Having spent the season being 1st choice in a top 10 Prem side, and knowing if he hadn't left for game time he would have been the 2nd choice but that wasn't good enough for him, so coming back to be 4th choice is a par.

For me Arsenal don't really have a choice either, get 10m, and the decision is easy for Jenkinson.

In 2-3 years the decision might look a bit different however. Debuchy will be old and maybe a rotation player by then, Bellerin might be first choice and reached his potential but wanted by Barc lol or fail to push on and Jenkinson look the way better finished player.

• 2 months later...

Carl Jenkinson has agreed a new five-year contract at Arsenal - but will play for West Ham next season.

The Gunners defender, who spent the 2014-15 season on loan at Upton Park, will spend another campaign at the Hammers.

Jenkinson impressed during his time in east London last year and had been linked with a permament move to Slaven Bilic's side.

But Arsene Wenger is keen to keep the England right-back at the Emirates for the long-term, and the 23-year-old has put pen to paper on a five-year deal.

• 5 months later...