ur grandmas and grandads.............

Kim

how do u get on with them.....

my gran is a complete bitch one of thoose ones that doesnt give a sh*t bout the females in her family

and loves off the men.....

basically today went round to see her, havent seen her in like 2 years and was there 5 mins any more and i would want to commit suicide

basically sat down and then my uncle came in shes like "move, thts npt ur seat, so and so sits there"

i was f*ck*ng fuming, i havent seen her in time and shes giving me pure attitude had to just get up and say

im going anyway bye...then i went

shes 90 but still wonders outside her bungalow and invites all the men in her yard

i want to piss on her grave wen she dies the selfish ungratfull bitch

• Downvote 5

local she doesnt even know me, my family are quite strict, no-one tells her anything about me lol

were blood, being polite and being hospitible is what family's do, not my nan,,,,,

she merks u aswell, my cousin was gettin grilled for being fat and looking spanish so wot if shes old she still a bitch

My Grandma was my favourite person on the planet, could literally make any request of me and it would been so.

Last convo I had with her 2 days before she died a few years ago I rushed her off the phone and said I would call her back. I didnt. Can't express how much of a c*nt I felt like.

Best thing to come of it is I talk to my mother a lot more now.

The saying 'Never know when they be gone' hit me like a ton of bricks.

Grandad was a boss.. known as Sarge because he was soo millitant.. top shotta/bad boy in jamaica in his day.. i was closest to him and take after him (he was 6ft7.. im 6ft5.. my dad is like 5ft11) and i got his bad/short temper

he died 3 years ago, didn't even get to say goodbye.. thinking about gettin his portrait put on me somewhere.. got a sick black n white picture of him.

/

all my mums side (white folk) are close and really family orientated whereas i'm not really like that, keep myself to myself but they kl

My mums mother passed in 2004, was my best friend tbh.

Used to go and see her more or less everyday, all the grandkids called her mum, the real matriarch of the family, used to put up with others just cos her, since she passed don't see everyone as much.

Pretty much identical family to Soul Food, 2 sisters constantly warring my mum and her sister and my mum married for long while my aunties sh*t at relationships.

My other grandparents are still alive but I never really been close to them like that.

My mums mum was always proud of me, even though secretly I think she was a bit racist. Which is stupid because she had kids with a black man.

My Dads mum loves me, but only because I remind her of my Dad, when he died only then did she want to get in contact.

My Dads Dad is a gyallis, my aunty is the same age as me. Does Wing Chun and is still in Shape.

My Mums Dad is my favourite, the one that made the effort, He's the only one I'd want to ever impress and I know I could do absolutely nothing with myself and the man would still love me

My Mum's parents helped raise me cos my Dad has been dead weight all my life. Lived with them for year 7 and 8 at school and commuted from their house every day. Was glad to have them there with my Mum at my graduation earlier in the year.

I only still check for my Dad because he lives in the same city as his parents who are both ill but such kind people. He's happy with his new family but I like to see how my little sister is getting on too

Love my nan (mums side) cos i can see that me an her an quite alike in personality

and she drops all di old time sayings on me all the time with her only little spin such as "shes gna have to clutch on to a drowning straw, and hold on tight" - talkin about my sister gettin a job in this bad economy

then she starts larfin this jokes larf

i actually need to spend more time with her

RIP my grandad (mums side) but he was too jokes

my nan on the otherside, only met her a few times in my life and she is annoying BUT she checks for me and she always has which I am eternally thankful for cos shes not in the country but she always use to write to me and ask my mum for pics and send me things. Actually this thread has made me think about all of this, no matter that she is INNA like woah

she feels no way to start lecturing me on contraception and the rest of it. She cool though. I'm sure thanks to her I was definitly the first person to have a pair of LA gears in my school and quite possible south london.

• Upvote 1

Mums mum and dad's dad are still alive.

Grandma lives in Jamaica. Her husband passed in 07. She flies over quite often. I really need to go over there to see her asap.

Grandad remarried some bitch and moved to just outside Scotland. As far north as possible without actually being in Scotland. I see him in the ends couple times but he doesn't holler when he's down. Spoken to him probably once in the last few years. When his wife was still alive (she passed 04) I was around there quite often. They lived literally one corner from my house.

Either way I appreciate he done a lot for me when I was younger and that's grandad so I can never dislike him.

I have one surviving parent on my mum's side, who I love like my mum but don't get to see as often. My granddad died recently, I'm finding it hard to keep track as so many people have died. She is a wonderful figure who has always loved me and accepted my family, my grumps was cool but very old-school. I have a lot of love and respect for him, but always felt I had something to prove to him. Family politics.

My Jamaican side of the family has passed, my grandma lived with my fam until I was 10, she came over after Hurricane Gilbert, 25+ years after my dad's dad left Jamaica and remarried.. He lived in Leeds and had a common-law wife called Hilda who I liked, but there was bare politics, and I never saw her as a relative. She was a big figure in my life who I loved dearly, and I never got a chance to see her alive after she left for Jamaica...Only went out for her funeral last year. My granddad was serious. Like Fresh said I know most of the stuff I do about him from the stories I'm told. He was quite a domineering/violent figure, and most of the stories involve his strength/anger.

Gotta give thanks for them all, I recognize aspects of them all in my personality and I am definitely a better person because of them. God rest their souls, and God bless my Nanny.