"I don't allow black people into di club"

PascalMoriarty

Before I recount this, I just want to make sure people know my intention is not to start a race debate, but rather to establish whether this incident is isolated and if so, whether or not my handling of the situation was correct.

About two weeks ago, I attended "Alibi" in Dalston, met with a few friends who informed me that the final destination of the night was actually a place down the road called "The Nest". At this point I have to point out I had no idea of what type of club it was, its regular crowd, music or level of drug infestation.

So after a couple of drinks in Alibi, we left and made our way to "The Nest" I was definitely not paying attention to the people in the que, I'd received some good news that day and was telling my friend what had happened. We eventually found ourselves at the front of the queue at which point progression seemed to stop (in terms of people being let in).

Upon realising this my friend asked the bouncer "Is there any reason why you aren't letting people in anymore? Full capacity?", The bouncer called him and myself out and asked us to come to the side. So we did. "You see I don't let black people into this club, I never have, and to be honest with you I don't intend to" I couldn't believe the words that had come out of his mouth, and the reason for that is this, he was black, and definitely nigerian.

I was being told by a Nigerian who had definitely moved to the country at some point in the last ten years, that he would not allow me or my friends entry because we were black. He went on to tell us how blacks brought nothing but trouble in the club, had to inform him that two people in our party were studying for their masters, one worked for one of the leading investment banks in the world, and the others were all respectable working guys.

Tried to offer us to go in after we made him feel stupid, had to refuse on principle.

Has anyone else experienced this? From a bouncer of an ethnic minority? Or does this particular shithole just have a confused entry/employment policy.

I've seen black bouncers specifically sent to turn away black people a few times but I've never witnessed one basically confirm what everyone suspects.

These days I can't even be arsed with these d*ckhead bouncers, they're always at club nights that aren't about anything. I've never been to a proper dance ( not primarily about bottles and bishes ) and turned away.

Been to The Nest a few times, always seen black people in there and always black people in my party and one of my goons has become real pally with some of the bouncers there as well.

this is the weird thing. I been to The Nest and it was fine. Even was a hip hop night. Have some older crowd at the top who are kidna...weird but never had anything like that there at all.

Dont think the guy rated you lot tbh..

and lol @ talkin about masters.

If someone said that to me, I will just cut. Soo many clubs out there and allow going into a club with your ego half dented.

Never understood dudes arguing their case with bouncers. Seen some idyat once throwing money at a bouncer in rage for not letting him in.

Just by the way you looked at or the crowed you should be able to tell when you aint welcomed in a place or not.

Been to Alibi copule times when Gullyver used to be on there. Black Bouncer there is safe let me in one time absolutely waved and skipped the queue when they were not letting in any more.

Went to the Nest once, don't remember what bouncer looked like but we all got in. The night was sh*t so we just went round the corner to blaze up a bit, came back high and he just told us we're not usually meant to leave the club and come back, (thought we'd been to a pub). Been turned away by d*ckhead bouncers one too many times in my life for a variety of excuses.

On my SIA training I was told that sometimes they'll say something to test you and see how you react (drunk, violent etc) that's why now I never even hype up, just either ask them "why?" straight or duck out. Arguing is long I've realised cos after it all if you still don't get in you're pissed

You don't work as hard as we have to get where we are, to have someone from your own country tell you you are trouble. We made sure he knew we weren't the same, and then refused when he changed his mind about us getting in. Think thats the least anyone should do when being discriminated against.

As I've got older my attitude to this has kinda thing has changed a lot. More often than not I'd rather go home or somewhere else. The only time I'll make an effort to get people in is if its someones bday or people have travelled from far to come out.

I'm not spending time arguing with a bouncer to be let into some club on principle. I'm coming out with money in my pocket, I'm not going to let you disrespect me and then beg to be let inside. If you dont want my "type" in your club you're not having my money either.

I'm getting vexed even thinking about it. How can a man who stands on a door for a living tell me that i'm an undesirable.

You don't work as hard as we have to get where we are, to have someone from your own country tell you you are trouble. We made sure he knew we weren't the same, and then refused when he changed his mind about us getting in. Think thats the least anyone should do when being discriminated against.

Well judging by what JGGB said on his last paragraph. Its probably what happened. So he offered you entrance later yeah?

End of the day for me, if someone doesn't want me in theirclub, He doesnt' want my business(Money).. Fair play. I am gone. Allow arguing my case to take my pee.

Arguing your case doesn't change nothing. He might have changed his mind about you but not for the next black person trying to come in.

lol i got banned in a lil bar/pub thing near hoxton/haggerston

some white guy in a suit started chatting to me and my friend she wanted to get licked so i just kept a eye out

played some foosball with donny gave him a bud and told him skin up

bouncer was livid i blamed it on the white guy said i was barred for life(extreme) just left

/

that whole strip is full of places

/

anyone been aquarium? whats it sayin

'you'll need to try somewhere else tonight lads'

pisses me off when they just repeat that like robots

then when i ask 'is it anything in particular? is there a problem with the way we are dressed?' etc then they say

'i dont have to give you a reason' or 'we dont go into reasons'

you know its some BULLSHIT

we rocked up to this brasilian placed i had wanted to check for a while and the bouncer dropped the old not tonight i said politely that id be planning to come here for a while is there a problem with our group? the guy looked us up and down, asked one guy how old he was (23) then said 'in you come have a nice night'. was an older croud so i guess he thought we were too young.

Lol Been thrown out of this shitty club in Ilford 2 weeks in a row then the third week I went there they never let me in.

Also faces I got into the club they never had a cash machine inside so I go to the supermarket on the corner of the road to withdraw some funds go back to the club the bouncer refused to let me back inside.

Also Opera House around 11 years ago went with two of my boys man didnt want to say but he never let us in because we are black. Just because of that reason I have never tried to go back to that club out of principle.

He weren't discriminating, di drop just wasn't right.

Get di clothes game up.

Lol I went to Gas club back in the day (2001) wearing patterned Moschino's with all my boys. Bouncer was like nah you cant come in with them jeans. My boy tried slewing me saying it aint 1997 no more why am I wearing those jeans and they all bopped into the club. I jumped on the night 253 went yard changed clothes. Ran to Well street got a cab back to the club. Bouncers started to bust up saying rah I changed clothes let me into the club for like £3 for showing ''HEART'' see my boys in there they started busting up when I told them what I done. Then Raved to so solid and genius crew

• Upvote 1

Before I recount this, I just want to make sure people know my intention is not to start a race debate, but rather to establish whether this incident is isolated and if so, whether or not my handling of the situation was correct.

About two weeks ago, I attended "Alibi" in Dalston, met with a few friends who informed me that the final destination of the night was actually a place down the road called "The Nest". At this point I have to point out I had no idea of what type of club it was, its regular crowd, music or level of drug infestation.

So after a couple of drinks in Alibi, we left and made our way to "The Nest" I was definitely not paying attention to the people in the que, I'd received some good news that day and was telling my friend what had happened. We eventually found ourselves at the front of the queue at which point progression seemed to stop (in terms of people being let in).

Upon realising this my friend asked the bouncer "Is there any reason why you aren't letting people in anymore? Full capacity?", The bouncer called him and myself out and asked us to come to the side. So we did. "You see I don't let black people into this club, I never have, and to be honest with you I don't intend to" I couldn't believe the words that had come out of his mouth, and the reason for that is this, he was black, and definitely nigerian.

I was being told by a Nigerian who had definitely moved to the country at some point in the last ten years, that he would not allow me or my friends entry because we were black. He went on to tell us how blacks brought nothing but trouble in the club, had to inform him that two people in our party were studying for their masters, one worked for one of the leading investment banks in the world, and the others were all respectable working guys.

Tried to offer us to go in after we made him feel stupid, had to refuse on principle.

Has anyone else experienced this? From a bouncer of an ethnic minority? Or does this particular shithole just have a confused entry/employment policy.

Was he enforcing club policy or was it something he made up?

i remember going to faces on a thursday i think it was and it was a black man... quite biggish... we got there and 2 of my boys (who i told to go in first) got in... then my other boy i was with we both got to the front... he said are we members, we said no... he said its members only... we looked at each other and was baffed, couldnt believe 2 of our other (black) guys got in and we didnt... so we went back into the X5 and waited for our guys for a sec, went to rs lounge for a bit then came back and picked our guys up...

me and my boy then decided to go faces again at an EARLIER time the following week... same black man on the door (they usually ask for members if the club is half or near enough full)... this time we went there wen the club lITERALLY had been open for no more than 30 minutes...

he said the same thing to me and my boy AGAIN!?!?!?!??!

DA FUUUUUK

Guest chap44uns

Was out for one Greek girls birthday in Mayfair club, how can the bouncers reject 2 black girls in her batch because they weren't 'dressed apporiately' for the club

one of them started crying

Was deep

• Upvote 1