If you knew you'd be a parent in 9 months

Captain Planet

Captain and his crew, let me know when and if you wanna have an adult discussion about this and my situation otherwise refrain from the comments that hold no substance, i'm more than happy to discuss it if you have something decent to say.

You're 22 I think? my mum and I would be quite disappointed if 1 of my sisters picked up a man at that age with kids already.

I think you mentioned your dad if he was honest would rather you be with a white guy, I think he would rather you be with a guy with no baggage in all honesty.

I ain't saying it can't work just that is not ideal, especially for a 22 year old.

Really it's slightly different to being with a woman who had children as its much more full on (if she has custody), I understand the point of view and my Dad is still not accepting of my situation but thats his loss, what I refuse to accept is peoples argument that I have a less substantial relationship. Whether we stay together or not it will never be a case that the children are the reason it didn't work.

Hadn't even read this yet.

Can't expect that man to be happy about that at all.

But I wish you luck in retrieving the situation.

It wasn't ideal, it is now because it works for me. Im young but i've never really been an average 22 year old, my Dad wants me to be with a white high flyer who can pay for me to stay at home and live in a bubble. My Mum loves him and his kids, my happiness is her primary concern and it doesn't mean that because he has kids we won't be a family ourselves in time. I see my Dad but he doesn't come into my house, when I do have kids I don't know how that situation will work, it IS his loss i'm not living to make everyone else happy and if i'm looked after he should accept my choices.

Kage I'm not even sending. It's obviously a sensitive subject and you've probably heard it all before IRL. You might be an exception. But from my experience girls who accept those kinda situations either don't have much going for them, are desperate to be in a relationship. Or are punching above their weight as they realise their man brings a lot to the table. Whether that's earning more money than they are used to, a lot better loooking etc. is open to interpretation. Everything isn't black and white but that would be an alarm bells thing for me personally.

/

I suppose its different as a man but I've dealt with a couple babymums who would be wife material if they hadn't had the child. It seems it takes that to focus a lotta women's minds and really start to get their life together. Personally I'm not at the stage of life where I'm willing to settle for that kinda baggage.

• Upvote 2

Listen if its something you can't comprehend thats fine but none of the above relate to me, people have relationships in all circumstances there doesn't have to be something behind it just because you can't understand it. It is as black and white as I have explained, I met him, I liked him he liked me and we have come a long way from then on. Im not the type of person who thinks i'm too good for someone down to their situation, what I expect from him in my relationship is fulfilled and thats what really matters.

Listen if its something you can't comprehend thats fine but none of the above relate to me, people have relationships in all circumstances there doesn't have to be something behind it just because you can't understand it. It is as black and white as I have explained, I met him, I liked him he liked me and we have come a long way from then on. Im not the type of person who thinks i'm too good for someone down to their situation, what I expect from him in my relationship is fulfilled and thats what really matters.

u kno hes prob f*ck*ng his bm from time to time tho still

• Upvote 6

I see my Dad but he doesn't come into my house, when I do have kids I don't know how that situation will work, it IS his loss i'm not living to make everyone else happy and if i'm looked after he should accept my choices.

I think he just feels you haven't given yourself a fair shot at happiness, God forbid it doesn't work out down the line I think he feels you will have wasted your time on a man with kids rather than going for the full monty.

But I personally think when or if you have kids it will soften his stance, Kobe Bryant's parents wouldn't speak to him at all when he got with a Mexican woman but that situation changed when he had kids, I think Grandparents want to be involved naturally.

u kno hes prob f*ck*ng his bm from time to time tho still

:lmao:

No need for that fam

lmao doe why, shats for no reason

\

I can see where KG is coming from, even tho that is a situation i would never want to be in. I meet the ideal woman in every way but then she tells me she has a kid, it may be easy to say but that ain't easy to walk away from for real. You lot acting kids are some sort of disease, youts>>>> *pause*

but like m12 said u dont usually see a woman go into a proper relationship with the guy having kids already, more so the other way round.