Disney buys Lucasarts + new Star Wars Film on the way

Vertigo

Smart move by Lucas. Guessing the TV show plans are now shelves and with him not wanting to make any more movies I am happy Disney have taken it. They are doing pretty well with the Marvel movies so I expect the same blockbuster hits for Star Wars, just hope they get the stories right. Time to bring Luke, Hans Solo and Chewwy back onto the scene.

did the Disney purchase actually effect Marvel Studio's operations though? everything was already in play (up to Avengers and Iron Man 3) before Disney copped Marvel, the only thing Disney have changed is marketing and distribution

- Star Wars 7 is obviously something that they're pushing behind the scenes (considering Lucas had previously said he's not making any more), so you can't exactly look at their work under Marvel to get an impression of how Star Wars will work out

Never watched a full episode of Star Trek.

Had seen the new (prequel) trilogy of Star Wars but until last weekend hadn't seen any of the originals, saw A New Hope (episode 4) on Saturday on ITV or whatever and concluded that Family Guy actually did a very good job in telling the story in their remakes.

First of all....don't say star trek and star wars in the same sentence

Second of all don't ever call it episode 4

The one you watched is just star wars

Thirdly don't bother watching episodes 1-3

Especially not 1. If you're going to watch one of them probably watch 2.

Just watch the originals, try to find and unedited Unremastered copy (George Lucas decided to rape the films 25 years later by adding cgi effects and actually changing the order of a certain few scenes)

Star wars is one of the greatest film trilogies to come out ever if not the greatest, it's a cultural thing tbh, you shouldn't get to the age of about 25 without seeing all 3 originals

• Upvote 3

Never watched a full episode of Star Trek.

Had seen the new (prequel) trilogy of Star Wars but until last weekend hadn't seen any of the originals, saw A New Hope (episode 4) on Saturday on ITV or whatever and concluded that Family Guy actually did a very good job in telling the story in their remakes.

Second of all don't ever call it episode 4

The one you watched is just star wars

Thirdly don't bother watching episodes 1-3

Especially not 1. If you're going to watch one of them probably watch 2.

Just watch the originals, try to find and unedited Unremastered copy (George Lucas decided to rape the films 25 years later by adding cgi effects and actually changing the order of a certain few scenes)

Star wars is one of the greatest film trilogies to come out ever if not the greatest, it's a cultural thing tbh, you shouldn't get to the age of about 25 without seeing all 3 originals

he destroyed all of the original negatives of the 1st trilogy. that's why he's so hated by the fans.

/

hope the upcoming films feature

Kylekatarn.jpg

ttkk

Guest Chelsea Jack

Lucas>>>

What a gen.

Boss storyteller.

Disney will destroy this tho, would of preferred that TV show.

a hbo ting woulda been SICK

On a side note i have always wished that there was a GTA TV series, would be EPIC imo

best thing to ever come out of the star wars universe film or tv wise sine the originals was the short cartoon series made by the makes of Samurai Jack.

This made Grevious the don that he was supposed to be instead of the piece of sh*t he was in the films.

Cartoon was cold!!!!

smh @ what they done to Grevious in the films, any half hearted war hammer charcter

lol most people are either Trek or Wars, I can't remember meeting anybody who is both in equal measure.

I think Star Wars more appeals to Science Fantasy heads whereas Trek is more for the Science Fiction heads.

lol most people are either Trek or Wars, I can't remember meeting anybody who is both in equal measure.

I think Star Wars more appeals to Science Fantasy heads whereas Trek is more for the Science Fiction heads.

Lol it's not even that tbh, I've watched star trek occasionally when it used to be on BBC2 before the simpsons back in the day, and I've seen a couple of the films, but I just don't get why people bring one up when the others mentioned

It's like if I ask you about football and you tell me yeah I've played a bit of rugby, or if you ask someone if they've seen/read LOTR and then mention Narnia (that one really pisses me off)

(there is a running joke that star wars and star trek geeks are enemies though)

I think due to having multiple running series aswell as a ton of films, the star trek universe has a much wider fanscope

I mean there are actually people who can speak Klingon....I remember the documentary about the 'trekkies', one woman turned up to jury duty in her USS enterprise outfit :/