Ari Gold's been at it again

Captain Planet

Five months pregnant teenager, 18, ran along electrified Tube lines to dodge her fare after punching policeman in the face

• Elesha Proud-Miles, narrowly avoided being hit by train
  • Dashed across the rails at Finsbury Park Station, in north London
  • Punched a police officer in the face during a foul-mouthed tirade
  • Five months pregnant and already has a string of convictions

By JILL REILLY

PUBLISHED: 16:11, 7 November 2012 | UPDATED: 17:34, 7 November 2012

article-2215822-156FEA5C000005DC-636_306x616.jpg

Trial: Five months pregnant Elesha Proud-Miles, 18, punched a police officer in the face

A pregnant teenager who risked her unborn child’s life by running along electrified tube lines to dodge her fare was spared jail today.

Five months pregnant Elesha Proud-Miles, 18, punched a police officer in the face and taunted ‘I’m pregnant, you can’t do anything to me’, before running across the rails at Finsbury Park Station.

The jobless teen narrowly avoided being hit by a train as she dashed across the rails at the north London station, bringing rush hour Tube trains to a standstill for almost an hour.

Several trains had to be evacuate as the Victoria Line was brought to a standstill.

Sparing her jail at Blackfriars Crown Court today and ordering her to attend anger managements classes Judge John Hillen said: 'You caused enormous disruption, described as undoubtable chaos, and that was due to your act.'

Proud-Miles arrived penniless at the station on August 6 just before 10am and was caught trying to jump the barriers before giving a fake name and address to PCSO Yakubu Musah.

She then to sneak through the barriers behind another passenger, launching a foul-mouthed rant in the face of PCSO Musah and warning him she was pregnant.

He followed her onto the platform where a struggle ensued, prosecutor Pamela Reiss told the court, and he grabbed her by the wrists as she screamed abuse at him.

While he was radioing for help she punched him in the mouth, causing his head to jerk back and his hat to come off.

As station staff and police officers rushed to help, Proud-Miles started to lean backwards over the edge of the platform, saying ‘I’m pregnant, you can’t do anything to me’.

Jobless Proud-Miles, who lives off benefits, then sat down and dangled her legs off the edge as fast trains steamed through the station and ignoring pleas of station staff hopped down onto the tracks and crossed two sets of track before clambering up onto another platform.

<p>More...

Ms Reiss said: 'The trains actually had to be stopped because she went into the mouth of a tunnel. She had gone through the barrier at the end of the platform and was close to the tunnel wall.

'A train’s emergency brakes had to be applied and it had to stop half way into the platform and the electricity was switched off. You can imagine the chaos that was ensuing.'

article-2215822-157187C4000005DC-112_634x452.jpg

Dangerous: Proud-Miles, who is five months pregnant, dashed across the rails at Finsbury Park Station, in north London

As all the trains in the area were brought to a halt the driver asked her to get on, but the expectant mother brushed past him, ignoring the announcements that were being put out and walking down the tunnel towards Seven Sisters where another officer came through the tunnel and arrested her.

Proud-Miles, of Wandsworth, south west London, admitted obstructing a train, disobeying rail safety notices, and assault.

The teenager already has a string of convictions, including several assaults dating back to 2008, and a ABH for which she received nine months in a young offenders institute.

Sean Smith, defending, said that there were no psychiatric issues with his client, whose baby was due in April. The unborn child has already been put on a protection plan by social services.

article-2215822-157187DA000005DC-400_634x421.jpg

Challenge: Westminster Magistrates Court heard that she had earlier punched a police officer in the face during a foul-mouthed tirade when she was caught trying to jump the barriers without paying for her train journey

Mr Smith said: 'It doesn’t appear that anybody’s life was endangered or indeed likely to be endangered other than Miss Proud-Miles herself.'

She was sentenced to eight months imprisonment, suspended for two years, with supervision, a three month curfew, an anger management course and banned for three months for travelling on London trains or the Underground.

Judge Hillen said: 'I would be perfectly justified and could not be criticised if I sent you back to a young offenders institute today - some will criticise me for not doing so.'

With the sentence hanging over her head and with help form the authorities she may be able to turn a corner in her life, the judge said, 'particularly when you give birth and have responsibility for the life of a human being.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2BZFCsQ8e

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook