Xbox Smartglass iOS, Android and Windows 8

Vtec

Having already used it myself I have to say Im yet to see the point. My control pad is right next to me and it works better, plus I have the qwerty keyboard on my control pad so smart glass seems completely useless.

Though there is a possibility of using my phone as a games extension, especially for god games like command and conquer which might be pretty cool.

Overall its a solid interface but I just dont see the point, made even more stupid by the fact the console has to be on before you can use the smart glass function. So how do most people turn on their xbox? They grab their controller. Are you really gonna then put then controller down to use the phone option?

• Upvote 2

Having already used it myself I have to say Im yet to see the point. My control pad is right next to me and it works better, plus I have the qwerty keyboard on my control pad so smart glass seems completely useless.

Though there is a possibility of using my phone as a games extension, especially for god games like command and conquer which might be pretty cool.

Overall its a solid interface but I just dont see the point, made even more stupid by the fact the console has to be on before you can use the smart glass function. So how do most people turn on their xbox? They grab their controller. Are you really gonna then put then controller down to use the phone option?

aint use it but i no i will feel like this

it's cause it work through the internet, rather than a direct wireless connection to your xbox - which would be much more ideal

and for that same reason you won't get a mic/speaker use for it, 'cause there would be audio lag, and microsoft wouldn't want the blame for that - where it would be actually dependent on your phone and connection

PS3 could probably do it via bluetooth if they ever wanted to implement it, would work much better (although would take some of the processing power to send data to your phone)

for anyone interested who doesnt have a "supported" device

http://depositfiles....files/ol0r7vkjf

What this will run on anyting yeah?

Try n see bro...

Some forums are spitting it will only work with certain android versions,but I'm not sure if that's via direct download from marketplace or general. As my tab was screaming "unsupported device" in the play store (marketplace) but installing it direct it has gone on bless. :/