NTFS Partition help

Fresh

Excuse me for using Whatever for this I'm just after a swift response before you move it to ED

Can someone help me pls?

I'm trying to free up space on mumsie's C drive by adjusting the partitions but I don't know what the f*ck I'm really doing, just trying to follow google and I've got as far as this...

24431226.png

When I try to right click on the C to extend the partition the option's greyed out. I assume I need to shrink D & E and create some unallocated space before hand. I thought it would be a good idea checking with di danz before I get to work.

its tough. the software is advanced so the chances of it f*ck*ng up are small. but you could accidentally chose a next option and itll mess up. before you make any changes some warning comes up, thats scary in itself

depends if you wanna take the risk, ive never had any issues with it and have adjusted partitions many times

first reduce one of the others, then try enlarge the c drive

back up everything first though

• Upvote 1

Why do you need to re-partition? It should only be done if your going to install another OS on the drive (of if your going to remove your recovery partition if you don't really need it). If your mumsie has low disk space, maybe its time for her to upgrade to a 500 GB drive, then all you need to do it is use Acronis True Image to make a copy of the old hard drive to the new and then shes good to go.