The Zlatan Appreciation Thread

Creed Diskenth

LMAO zlatan knew he got dun

/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/future-news-zlatan-ibrahimovic-announces-donating-entire-salary-065816514--sow.html

Future News: Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces he is donating his entire salary to Zlatan Ibrahimovic
03-us-blog-avatar-40x40_234957.jpg
By Brooks Peck | Dirty Tackle – 9 hours ago
  •  
  •  

160208768.jpg

Zlatan generously hands his shirt to an opponent to be cleaned and promptly returned. (Getty)

Following David Beckham's announcement upon signing a five-month contract with PSG that he will donate his entire salary to a Parisian children's charityZlatan Ibrahimovic has announced that he will donate all of his wages to himself.

"I heard Beckham's decision and it made me think," Ibrahimovic told reporters while on duty with the Swedish national team. "Who is most deserving of all of the money that I, Zlatan, am paid? The answer is Zlatan. The children of Paris are not leading Ligue 1 in goals this season. I am. I have 20 goals. The next best players have 12. Twelve! If anything, the children of Paris should be giving me even more money for having the privilege of being in the same city as my incredible quality. And so should David Beckham. Call it a Zlaritable donation."

The initial wave of praise for Beckham's charity decision last week quickly led to a backlash as French critics are now accusing him of donating his salary, signing a short-term deal and maintaing residence in England as a way to avoid the proposed 75 percent tax rate on France's top earners. But Ibrahimovic finds hypocrisy in this criticism.

"When I signed with PSG the politicians called my wages 'indecent' in a time when so many people are struggling, even though it is a lot of money that can be taxed and help the country," Ibrahimovic continued, while demonstrating Taekwondo moves. "Now Beckham gives all of his wages to a local charity and people call him a tax dodger. Both are examples of stupid people complaining about good things. It is a waste of breath. Like Pep Guardiola blowing up his own birthday balloons, which I then pop with an overhead kick the second he is finished. These people should be subject to a 75 percent stupidity tax payable to the Bank of Zlatan. Then they will have something to really complain about."

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...