want to sell a mix cd/ bass,reggae dub etc......how 2 do it.

Kim

i want to put together a cd of about 40 tracks......proberly be abit of reggae, dub drum and bass etc

i know it wont be easy but some of u are in the music industry

1. what are the steps involved

2. who should i contact, well bes people to try n contact

3.whats are the costs#

4.what should i stay away from

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

it wont sell.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Lol reminds me when we were walkin out of Inc Club the promoter or security guy was giving out mix CDs and when one guy dodged him he started shouting saying "alright, I've got your face, you're banned" :lol:

Anyway, think it may still be a fact that compilation disks still sell more than albums. You just need the right connections, distribution, and marketing. Which, frankly, if you're asking on VIP2, you won't have.

2 tell you the truth buying cd's needs to be reinvented because no-one buys them anymore u kno why

cus most of them are shit....

im talking the ones tht sell in tesos and asda them mix compliations like pure urban pure hip hop pure rnb

cant anyone see theres a market there, just someone needs to come in with the next hype and get the kids excited.....

i used to love going hmv to buy a cd.....thats wht needs to bbe done anyway

Your best bet you can try do is not to sell the cd but to try and gain sponsorship for your cd from either promotors of events or a food shop or something like that...

But even then thats dead listening to a mix tape with a shout out on there every other minute, and you wont make that much money at that, if your not known and your just breaking into a new market with no or hardly any form of fan following it will make life harder as well.

Better you do something else, you would make more money from what your looking to do. Putting your mix cd up for a free download on one of them sites which pay every thousandth download rather than drive up and down trying to sell it would work out more in your favour.

• Upvote 1

2 tell you the truth buying cd's needs to be reinvented because no-one buys them anymore u kno why

cus most of them are shit....

im talking the ones tht sell in tesos and asda them mix compliations like pure urban pure hip hop pure rnb

cant anyone see theres a market there, just someone needs to come in with the next hype and get the kids excited.....

i used to love going hmv to buy a cd.....thats wht needs to bbe done anyway

them compilations are normally realeased by BIG record companies. These record companies usually own the rights to most of the music on them cds

this is where your plan is fucked