Happily ever after

Fresh

Yea, my mum and dad are still together after more than 30 years, 3 kids.

Wasn't always easy and aslong as you know that there is hard work involved and some hard times likely then no reason why your dream can't become reality.

Choosing the right chick is imperative though, in this society that task seems alot harder than in my parents day.

I just see failed* relationships everywhere. Dont know that many people my age whose parents are still together

I think its possible but less so now than in the past.

In generations before us, people expected less and were more grateful for what they got. 

And this applied to all areas of life.

/

*not the best word.  does a relationship 'fail' just coz it ends before someone died?  I guess thats another topic.

Been single a year and after much back and forth with my ex I had to nip it in the bud on Monday. I tried but I give up now. Looking around at my age thinking... Will I meet someone like that again without baggage?

And I don't just wanna 'settle'

Might buy a cat

*clears up moisture from post*

• Upvote 2

in all honestly i just dont give a shit

all this love and relationship crap is just a distraction to me

wehter it exists or doesnt aint gonna stop the sun from shinning or the rain from falling so i just dont care, i just get dragged along for the ride

maybe its just the mood im in, i just dont care for this shit

Oh and to those of you in relationships now, do you see yourself with your partner forever?

Yeah, I think I was fortunate to be around certain people with a similar mindset, all had wifey's from young and thought it was about making them early moves.

All had a strong idea of what wifey was aswell, everyone rubbed off on each other I think.

I'm Nigerian, infidelity is the norm and divorce is a taboo, go figure. Pure unhappy couples, but they seem to just stick it out man, I don't know if thats the dream seems more of a nightmare.  But todays society is conducive to destructive and short term relationships, nothing around me encourages me into thinking these 40-50 year relationships of old are a genuine possibility nowadays, sad shit.

Hes always going to be in my life cuz we have a child together. And we discussed this child for three long years prior, so the reality is we choose to make a lifelong bond with each other. And we can choose to be happy in that. My dad is married to a bi sexual, he is so smitten, its been 13 years. When u recognise ur blessed nothing stop u.

• Downvote 4

Yes but has more to do with family & building a dynasty.

I value what a woman could brings to my life & my children's life. I also value the stability of a long-term relationship.

Saying that though, I'd be doing my children & of course my marriage an injustice if I didn't truly love my wife in the first place so that is the basis of it all. No settling.

I hear what Toney is saying when it comes to picking women as you get older because I'm 25 & some of the Heathrow Terminal 5 level baggage is a next ting. Oldest girl I'm chatting to right now is 23.

• Upvote 1