Homegrown UK Instagram Tings

Guest chap44uns

9 hours ago, Blacksheet said:

No it's not 

Reason I would say it's a bit different is supporting a black owned shop is to support and invest in black owned business etc

Dstrkt doesn't need our custom and never will and I don't feel like we shouldn't get turnt up just cos some dusty chicks didn't get in one day. None of us here ever had a problem? 

They should get they swag right or get there sheets up 

• Upvote 2

Guest Blacksheet
29 minutes ago, MGEEZ said:

Reason I would say it's a bit different is supporting a black owned shop is to support and invest in black owned business etc

Dstrkt doesn't need our custom and never will and I don't feel like we shouldn't get turnt up just cos some dusty chicks didn't get in one day. None of us here ever had a problem? 

So why don't you go to the black club in lewisham to support them instead then

1 hour ago, MGEEZ said:

Fammmmmm...

Certain guys trying to make it deeper than it really is, it's just a club ffs. If you don't get in for whatever reason, go somewhere else and keep it moving.

not everyday BLM.

2 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

Fammmmmm...

Certain guys trying to make it deeper than it really is, it's just a club ffs. If you don't get in for whatever reason, go somewhere else and keep it moving.

not everyday BLM.

If anything. The smarter move would be more black people turning up there because this will turn away the crowd they're looking for *I've seen this happen before*

16 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

Will me knowing the club wants me make my night better?

It might or might not make your night better depending on your mindset. Me personally I wouldn't want to spend racks in a club (to have a good time in DSTRKT it's gonna have to be a table thing) where they have a reputation of being racist (rightfully or wrongfully). Putting money in the pocket of somebody who only tolerates me because I have money but still looks down on me isn't my vibe tbh.

3 hours ago, MGEEZ said:

2 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

Fammmmmm...

not everyday BLM.

I understand DSTRKT is a so called premium or "up market" club. So I understand to make this work you have to be select with who you let in your club. My only qualm is that they have afro beat nights or hip hop nights and regularly play what people would consider "black music". However they have a reputation of not letting in black people or limiting the amount of black people they allow in. Which leads me back to my original point that these establishments like black culture but not black people.

Everyone wants to be black, until its time to be black.

Guest Blacksheet
19 minutes ago, Trap God said:

It's not about being black

It's about good business

I would not be spending money on a table in dstrkt to be entertaining any tanisha that should be in a bring your own bottle shoobs in harlesden sorry

But you will do it for sarah?

i don't get it

39 minutes ago, That Guy Son said:

It might or might not make your night better depending on your mindset. Me personally I wouldn't want to spend racks in a club (to have a good time in DSTRKT it's gonna have to be a table thing) where they have a reputation of being racist (rightfully or wrongfully). Putting money in the pocket of somebody who only tolerates me because I have money but still looks down on me isn't my vibe tbh.

The people who run these events are the least valued opinions you should care about. Literally no different from the asian man who look down on you when you go in their corner shop, but will grin teet and call you mate while he's taking your money.

Not trying to be friends with any of these people, just business.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Heero Yuy said:

The people who run these events are the least valued opinions you should care about. Literally no different from the asian man who look down on you when you go in their corner shop, but will grin teet and call you mate while he's taking your money.

Not trying to be friends with any of these people, just business.

If the corner shop had a reputation of being racist and not letting other people of colour in to the store then it would be comparable.

Infact if the corner store specalised in selling Caribbean and African delicacies, and then when people of African or Caribbean decent try to enter the store they either don't let them or charge them more for the same items. Then it would be comparable.  

But as someone said, business is business. Its a club and the owner has the right to let who they want into their establishment. Only reason im commenting is because they are profiting of a certain culture whilst simultaneously not wanting people of that culture around.

LOL 

Never understood how people get upset that a certain don't want their company or money. People need to  K.I.M 

Only black folk will go all the way and fight to give their hard earned money on something less constructive , to a group of people who don't want it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, That Guy Son said:

If the corner shop had a reputation of being racist and not letting other people of colour in to the store then it would be comparable.

Infact if the corner store specalised in selling Caribbean and African delicacies, and then when people of African or Caribbean decent try to enter the store they either don't let them or charge them more for the same items. Then it would be comparable.  

These places aren't racist, they want a certain look, more so physically when it comes to women. Either fit the look or get a table, stop fucking crying if a club doesn't wants you, it doesn't owe you anything. But I understand why people avoid these places, each to their own.

/

DSTRKT-girls_0.jpg

Two on the left that got turned away and the two on the right were fine....

ok

• Upvote 1