So is something going to be done retrospectively about Whelans attempt to break Garcias leg?

Fighting Weight

No action over Whelan tackle

Whelan jumped two-footed into a challenge with Garcia during his side's FA Cup fourth-round defeat to Manchester City on Saturday, catching the Spaniard's foot.

But Howard Webb took no action at the time, and the Football Association confirmed the referee did see the incident.

Under FA rules, that means retrospective punishment is not an option.

Whelan said after the game: "I've gone in for the challenge and I don't think I tried to be dirty but if it looks that way on TV then I'll have to hold my hands up.

"I don't think I caught him as much as he was rolling about. It's the English game, the old-fashioned game, and that's what the Premier League is so good for.

"There is massive pressure on the referees from the media and the people they're accountable to. Hopefully it (tackling) can stay in the game and people just get on with it."

It's the English game, the old-fashioned game, and that's what the Premier League is so good for.

"There is massive pressure on the referees from the media and the people they're accountable to. Hopefully it (tackling) can stay in the game and people just get on with it."

:rofl:

It's the English game, the old-fashioned game, and that's what the Premier League is so good for.

:rofl:

what a tit

From 365

Farcical 

Friday: The FA charge Eden Hazard after his altercation with a ballboy against Swansea, despite the incident being 'dealt with' at the time by the referee. They announce: 'It is alleged that Hazard's behaviour in relation to a Swansea ball-boy, for which the player was dismissed in the 78th minute, constituted violent conduct whereby the standard punishment that would otherwise apply was clearly insufficient.'

Monday: The FA don't charge Glenn Whelan for launching himself at Javi Garcia on the basis that the incident was dealt with at the time by the referee.