Toney Barton

Your earliest memory

49 posts in this topic

I remember a friend telling me she remembered her mum's funeral, just bits and pieces, like dropping a rose on the coffin, phenomenal since she was about 2 when her mum died.

I think my earliest was at 3, I had this teddy which was like a baby chicken and I remember laughing as my dad was playing with it saying "tweet tweet".

Either that or the sewing factory my mum and grandads 2nd wife used to work at in Park Royal, round the corner from Makro, it seemed huge, I used to play with the large spools of cotton and bits of dried leather glue which was like gum, I used to wonder how the pinking shears cut material zig zag aswell lol.

What's yours?

I think it's interesting how we kinda suddenly switch on and are aware of our consciousness from about 3, it's kinda like we were born at that moment and life began from there.

Around 3, threw my cabbage patch doll out of my wendy house window and Mum told me she's broken her finger. 

I have a few

But no idea which is the oldest

About 3. Sitting in my old house the day we moved out with nothing left in there but a stool which i was sitting on as my mum plaited my hair.

The way that image pulled at my heart.

on my knees shining the floor with my mum, laughing think i was 3

i find that once i see a picture of something from my early childhood it triggers the memory

couple things from nursery.  perhaps one thing from before that.

Were you born in the 1800s?

About 3. Sitting in my old house the day we moved out with nothing left in there but a stool which i was sitting on as my mum plaited my hair.

tumblr_m818ph0bnh1qgspsyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsguifd1dm1qgspsyo1_500.jpg

Them Eve's Bayou memory there.

holding my grannies hand as she picked me up from nursery... for some reason i saw a white woman in front of me a few metres further down... i ran to her and held her hand and started walking with her for about 10 seconds before my gran shouted and ran towards me and took my arm again

no fuks as to why i did that...

parents still tell me that story on and off around the table

Go to random pic topic if you wana see her grown up.

Two. Drop down stairs and licked my head off the dog basket at the bottom. The drops from top to bottom there. Them feelings u were pushed by an older cousin there.

No idea the age... Maybe before I was 1... I'm lying in a pram, sky is grey, my mum is pulling it up some stairs.

I remember moving into my mums house and I just turned 2

builders, bare floor boards and loads of noise

I was sitting on the stairs lots of legs going past

2 year old in my cot also being in hospital

Gasping for air trying to live. Thing is I still see the man who saved my life and I always see if he is okay as I know without this man I would be dead

Three and half. On the way, to see my new born sister. Ironically don't remember my sis too much after that. To busy being a hyper kid.

3 or 4 years old first day at reception cried as soon as my mum left.

i was 3 and i dropped off a pingpong table cos my tennis ball was on top of there

from that year i also remember sittin next to the tv watching a-team or flipper 

I remember a friend telling me she remembered her mum's funeral, just bits and pieces, like dropping a rose on the coffin, phenomenal since she was about 2 when her mum died.

Madness.

Replace he with she and mum with dad and that's me, didn't expect to see that when I came in here.

Were you born in the 1800s?

my mum was visiting her aunt in south africa with me, she  was helping my aunt clean the house, how u clean the house that time was different. still is different, u should travel a bit,  

Madness.

Replace he with she and mum with dad and that's me, didn't expect to see that when I came in here.

Condolences.

Do you have any earlier memories of your pops? Feel free to air me if its too personal.